Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car in to pull my CEL code and they pulled and the diagnostics on all 4 sensors. I have one the fails all the time (bank2 sensor 2) and the other 3 are intermittently failing.

I'm going to replace them all but its expensive as hell. It sucks $1300 parts and labor. Is this a normal cost for Lexus replacements part and labor on the car?

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just buy universal sensors or O2 simulators for the sensors after the cats and install them yourself. It will be way cheaper.

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
It seems very common for the B2S2 to fail on the IS300's. Mine failed, and soon after my buddy's did the same thing. Yes it's expensive as heck for the parts. You can always get universal ones and just splice the wires or get the OEM ones and do the labor yourself.

You can rent O2 sockets and tools at your autoparts stores and do it yourself. it's not very hard to do, if you have any mechanical skills that is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Whats up I Sean S? Well this is totally not the price for parts+labor, only this expensive because your doing it from a dealership. Like I stated before on someone elses thread, it is $125-$175 a piece+65$/hour for labor at the Lexus Dealership. But this is far too rip-off, search thread for "o2 sensors". Pretty good ones, not Original Equipment Market (OEM), run from 75$-$90. Total rip-off, if you have been putting on OEM parts on your Lexus and have been maintaining it from the Lexus dealership, then go ahead and pay $1300 for a $350 total job. For me, I would not, since I am getting a used is300 and it has not been serviced everytime at the Lexus dealership. might want to try Toyota dealership too. Enjoy.

·
Registered
886 Posts
$1300 is a joke, even for four new sensors and install.. Oh wow, four electrical connectors to unclip and reclip, and four O2 sensors to replace.. Must be at least 4 hours of work.. LOL

Seriously though, the sensors are like $60 each for Bosch units. Do it yourself, or have a brother/friend/uncle whatever help you out. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts