Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
kool. but next time roll your window down so there is no glare or dirt in the way. how did it sound?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL trust me if I couldve got my window down I wouldve, I saw it up ahead as I was getting off to head to Clearwater (for the locals) I can't believe I got that picture, my wife was yellin at me about speedin up so fast just to see a car, I somehow still pulled that pic off

Didn't even get to hear it either, it was an older guy driving and was just cruisin :\

·
13,727 Posts
Nice, I went to our Lexus dealership the other day just to check one of these out. They have one in Red that looks pretty mean. I just dont like the quad tail pipes...

·
Registered
532 Posts
i saw a black one the other day in orem,ut. sounded mean and on the quad tail pipe thing not a big fan and i heard that the top 2 were just for looks anyway...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice, I went to our Lexus dealership the other day just to check one of these out. They have one in Red that looks pretty mean. I just dont like the quad tail pipes...
I didn't like them much up close neither. But when you're behind an IS-F looking at those pipes, they look mean!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Just checked one out at the dealership I go to in Silver. Nasty! The wheels and brakes are sick!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
you guys do realize that the quad tips are strictly cosmetic and are attached to the rear bumper. If you find yourself at the dealership next time, take a closer look- the piping from the muffler is super small. A buddy of mine just picked up a white IS-F. :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn v8 driven cars, lol

seriously tho the new benz c63 is gonna eat the new m3 for lunch unfortunately

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Its not that special anymore lol, i seen 1 hot chick with it driving by and 3 others around the fort Lauderdale area. Lucky bastards.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am sure lots of you read the comparison in the current issue of Motor Trend but for those who didn't, they compared the M3 vs IS-F vs C63 AMG. Results:

1st Place: M3 - Speed, balance, and athleticism converge in today's best compact, high-performance sport sedan.

2nd Place: C63 AMG - A solid, emotive machine that works as everyday transport-and accelerates like a first-gen Viper.

3rd Place: IS-F - Lexus's first effort in this category is a good one, lacking in only the finest of details.

Regardless of their results, I personally favor the IS-F.

·
13,727 Posts
My gripe, and those of other articles I've read, basically are:

Dumb unhooked up quad pipes

Vents that do not vent anything

Interior same as normal IS

No manual.....yet

Otherwise, if the TRD division would strap on a supercharger to this bad boy and tighten up the suspension a little bit this car could take the M3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts