Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on purchasing SRT Valve body upgrade. However my wife thinks it may be too harsh of a ride. She loves the way the car drives right now. My question to the NYC members are if anyone has the upgrade in their trans and can give us some insight on what they think about it. Info will be greatly appreciated.

My future plans are to upgrade to a 2.75 tubo kit. srt torque converter, valve body upgrade. etc...

·
Registered
122 Posts
It is definitely harsher, noticeable shifts. Sometimes it shifts harder than other times, depending on load. Where are you in NY? Maybe we could meet up and you guys can hace a test drive.

·
Registered
558 Posts
It is definitely harsher, noticeable shifts. Sometimes it shifts harder than other times, depending on load. Where are you in NY? Maybe we could meet up and you guys can hace a test drive.
hey IS3VR4 where in brooklyn are you located? mind if i get a test ride too? are you turboed?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in Coney Island and 8ave/Chinatown. Yep , I have the older SRT turbo kit. Let me know when your available, David.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
its def s noticeable shift. kinda harsh when just crusing around, whips your neck back in the seat. but it does do its job when turbo'd

·
Registered
122 Posts
krs- nope, I have an 01 silver. I find the shifts to be less harsh in the sport mode, maybe because the shifts are further apart and not right after each other. I was reading the Greddy Ultimate manual and it mentioned something about adjusting ignition timing when shifting, i wonder if it would work here.

·
Registered
201 Posts
its def s noticeable shift. kinda harsh when just crusing around, whips your neck back in the seat. but it does do its job when turbo'd
So do you think too harsh for mostly street use? Im looking into the VB upgrade as well, Im going to do a ZEX wet kit and srt intake next summer.

·
Registered
122 Posts
krs- I bought car used with turbo already , since 11/07. It had an AFC Neo at the time, but was tuned extremely rich. I leaned it out, but was always worried I might blow it up, so I had it profesionally tuned with the E-manage ultimate. It is still running rich under boost ( 10 a/f at anything above 3 psi). The tuner is worried it might run lean at certain boost points with the vvti so he does not want to lean it out anyfurther. Someone told me the AEM gauge reads a little richer than it is, so maybe it is ok.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Bun- actually I wanted you to remove the AFC from the car and maybe mess with the Ultimate, if you know your way around the program. I'm just beginning to read up on it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
NA, i can just wire and unwire. IF you still need me to i'm down to help you, though it's easy. There should only be one wire that u need to reconnect.

BUN

nvmd, just read that you already had it taken care of. Sorry after HK this totally slipped my mind.

·
Registered
558 Posts
krs- I bought car used with turbo already , since 11/07. It had an AFC Neo at the time, but was tuned extremely rich. I leaned it out, but was always worried I might blow it up, so I had it profesionally tuned with the E-manage ultimate. It is still running rich under boost ( 10 a/f at anything above 3 psi). The tuner is worried it might run lean at certain boost points with the vvti so he does not want to lean it out anyfurther. Someone told me the AEM gauge reads a little richer than it is, so maybe it is ok.
which shop did you go to get it tuned? i'm in brooklyn and i don't know any performance shop around except 65th st and new utrecht (sky performance i think)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts