Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us try to get over to germany 2/3 times a year to drive our lexus aroung the famous Nurburgring.

Was wondering if any of you guys fancied coming over ?

Would take some planning and if people are interested we could aim for 2009.

Ideas are you could fly to London (Heathrow) and could drive over in our cars or fly to Koln (Cologne) and we meet you at our hotel then we take you with us to the Ring...........

You can hire race spec BMW's go round in Ring Taxi's (BMW M5's) the Zakspeed Dodge Viper...or come round with us as we scare ourselves shitless...........

Easter is a good weekend.............

I promise you you will never forget the experience !

The car park is like a wet dream.........:blush:

Nightlife in Koln is wicked as well................

Any interest ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that trip was interesting.................was snowing...........still went out on the track though.....was scary !

·
Registered
290 Posts
nice! i just got an email today saying my shipment should be in june 5th, which means i gotta start studying for my driver's license test... :( dam i hate those things.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are some Lexus drivers from the UK LOC that want to meet up with some Germany from the Euro UK on July 25th.

I dont think I can make it there but I definitely want to race around the Nürburg during my days off in august (7th to 24th)

Count me in for some Ring-Action

·
Registered
234 Posts
I bet my car beats yours.
Are you kidding me?!? Your N/A 2JZ has definitely no chance against my supercharged 1G-FE with the 6-speed manual.

Maybe your JICs are better but my tires will beat yours!!:p

week day after a DTM or WTCC weekend would be best:cool:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Are you kidding me?!? Your N/A 2JZ has definitely no chance against my supercharged 1G-FE with the 6-speed manual.

Maybe your JICs are better but my tires will beat yours!!:p

week day after a DTM or WTCC weekend would be best:cool:
LOL, you're running some wek azz 225's while I have 245s up front and 255s in the rear! We'll both have BBKs(maybe I'll hold on to your supra pads until after we race :p) I'm probably going to get some ceramic pads just for the track. Also don't underestimate my Joe Z intake :p

And as you said my suspension is much better than your stock setup. We'll see. I had a discussion with my friend on who would win. He drives an A6 with 20s. It is a quattro, he has coilovers, and he has 265s all around. But it's a Kombi so I told him my car is nimbler.

I'm thinking of ordering some new rims. 17x8 +45 Enkei RPF1s they only weigh 16.5 pounds. And buying some for seriuz Kumho V710 245/40 all around. Would come to about $1500 bucks. Then you wouldn't stand a chance at all. Even though you do have like 50+ more HP.

I forgot about your sound system. I am going to destroy you.

·
Registered
290 Posts
lolz... was just thinkin about that today. i got my oil changed finally! gotta drop the bitch about another half inch in front and figure out a way to get these hood pins installed... i get nervous going over 100 without them -_-

but yeah im down for that too! been wanting to go to the ring!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I forgot about your sound system. I am going to destroy you.
The sound system is my most important power upgrade!! It shifts weight to the rear wheels to allow more torque before spinning:cool:

I think it will be a very close one between our cars. Your JICs are definitely too stiff for the ring and my setup is very soft but dont underestimate my hotchkiss sways AND the black magic of my Michelin PS2.

But just in case, I will start my practises on my PS2 with my IS on the Nürburgring. TRC - OFF

@nabiller: that makes us threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The sound system is my most important power upgrade!! It shifts weight to the rear wheels to allow more torque before spinning:cool:

I think it will be a very close one between our cars. Your JICs are definitely too stiff for the ring and my setup is very soft but dont underestimate my hotchkiss sways AND the black magic of my Michelin PS2.

But just in case, I will start my practises on my PS2 with my IS on the Nürburgring. TRC - OFF

@nabiller: that makes us threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
LOL, that is until your sub gets loose and starts rolling around in your trunk.

My JICS aren't TOO stiff. I can make them almost stockish if I want. But I am going to run them pretty stiff.

LOL, i'm going to fire up Forza motorsport 2 and practice a few laps.

Oh and your SP2s are better than my s.drives but not enough to make up for the extra 40mm up front and 60mm in the back of tires I have.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
LOL, ok so I did a few laps on Forza last night. I tuned my car as close as I could to my real car. I knew the ring was long but didn't actually realize how long until last night. Good god that track is HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE. I don't think my extra grip around the corners is going to make up for the LOOOOOOONNNNGGG stretches of straight road. On the last straight away right before the finish line my car was bouncing of the rev limiter at 144mph for most of the straight away. The fastest I could get was like 9:30. So I'll probably do it in like 11 minutes in real life. I'm going to take the GoPro to film my skillzzzz :p I also need to raise the rear of my car because the 2.5 degrees of camber isn't too good for this track. The 1.5 up front isn't that bad.

So what time did you get on your PS2?

·
Registered
234 Posts
So what time did you get on your PS2?
I have already built and tuned my IS200 with forced induction and all the other upgrades I have (and the GroundControl/Koni setup I want:p ), added weight to the rear (subwoofer imitation), looked up my alignment sheet, . . . , in fact I searched and tuned the sixspeed transmission in GT4 to match the OEM aisin gear box.
Yes I put SuperLeggeras on [with raceing tires hard] and had my best lap in:
8:29:997 (TRC off)

So I will change to stock springrates and shox and try again this evening

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The only 200 is saw on FM2 was the RS200. Does GT4 actually have the 1G-FE?

You don't have racing tires, you have max performance summer tires. Racing tires would be like Hoosiers or V710s. LOL, I think you cheated. But like I said, your extra power is going to help you a lot on the straight aways. What was your speed on the last straight away?

Are there any other tracks around Germany to go around? Maybe one not so LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG?

·
Registered
234 Posts
The only 200 is saw on FM2 was the RS200. Does GT4 actually have the 1G-FE?

You don't have racing tires, you have max performance summer tires. Racing tires would be like Hoosiers or V710s. LOL, I think you cheated. But like I said, your extra power is going to help you a lot on the straight aways. What was your speed on the last straight away?

Are there any other tracks around Germany to go around? Maybe one not so LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG?

In GT4 there is the IS200 with 1G-FE but I have to turbocharge instead of supercharge him to get my real power. I added my racing flywheel, the upgraded clutch, sixspeed tranny, hard swaybars, racing muffler, better air filter, ....
Except the spring rates and the tires its my car, I want to try to get the virtuel IS 98% to my.IS and then race again.

EDIT: maximum speed is only 225 - as in real live!

We could visit:
Nürburgring Nürburgring* - *Volles Programm
Hockenheim www.hockenheimring.de
Oschersleben Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
Sachsenring Willkommen auf dem Sachsenring! Welcome at the Sachsenring!
There are some more in Austria, Switzerland, Belgium but just a few.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
In GT4 there is the IS200 with 1G-FE but I have to turbocharge instead of supercharge him to get my real power. I added my racing flywheel, the upgraded clutch, sixspeed tranny, hard swaybars, racing muffler, better air filter, ....
Except the spring rates and the tires its my car, I want to try to get the virtuel IS 98% to my.IS and then race again.

EDIT: maximum speed is only 225 - as in real live!

We could visit:
Nürburgring Nürburgring* - *Volles Programm
Hockenheim www.hockenheimring.de
Oschersleben Motorsport Arena Oschersleben
Sachsenring Willkommen auf dem Sachsenring! Welcome at the Sachsenring!
There are some more in Austria, Switzerland, Belgium but just a few.
What 225MPH? LOL, your car can't do that, it would fall apart :p

I like the Hockenheim and Sachsenring Tracks. I couldn't find the track picture for the Oschersleben and I couldn't find the Volles Programm on the Ring website.

What is the closest track out of the ones you mentioned?

·
Registered
234 Posts
its a metric world out there:
225kmh thats only 140mph

But I wont go that fast on thr Ring I guess. We'll see.

Close to where Marco lives should be a small Racetrack Baden/LUK Racetrack or sth like that

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
That shit isn't close. I always make jokes about how he is half french because he is so close to the border. We need to find a HUGE parking log/airstrip and setup up a bunch of cones and do our own little autocross.

So I played some FM2 at lunch and I hooked my car up. Full suspension and breaks and drivetrain and tires. The only think I didn't max out was the power. I left it at 420hp :p Anyway, the fastest time I got was like 8:20 so obviously the games are completely different. Or I really suck at FM2(which I actually do). So maybe I do stand a chance.

But like you said the only time I might hit 140mph is in the last straight away, every other time I probably won't even hit 100mph.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts