Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I need to buy a *good* radar detector. I have heard that the Valentine One is good. What do you guys recommend?

Also, something slightly off topic: Does anyone use air freshners. (and I dont mean those stupid pine trees -- is there something good out there? need something classy for my baby

·
Registered
447 Posts
i like japanese air fresheners.. they look better and smell better.. not to mention... they offer them black light sensitive.... hehe... >=|

------------------
Silver 2001 ICE300

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've seen some trick ones that clamp onto the vents...are those the Japanes ones? They're nice and small.

------------------
-jb-
'01 Black Onyx

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I've used a top of the line BEL for many years in my car and never got a ticket. They're good for the price.

------------------
92 RS 25th Anniv.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by cardinal_creek:
Have any V1 owners ever gotten a speeding ticket???
My friend has had it for a year and a half... so far, he hasn't gotten any, and he typically exceeds speeds faster than 85mph

·
Registered
685 Posts
Damn... You guys are freaking lucky... Radar detectors are illegal here in VA... Do cops know if you have radar detectors? Like... um... from distance? Do you get caught if you place the detector where cops can't see it? Just wondering... Never had detectors and don't know how they work....

------------------
K.P.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
the Cops supposedly have a radar detector detector, so they can tell that you have one from a distance. My brother's radar detector has a radar detector detector jammer that hides it. He said this was a common feature in radar detectors. I can't remember off hand which brand my bro is using tho...

man that was a mouthfull....

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Valentine 1 is supposed undetectable to Radar Detector Detectors. One of my friend's husband used to work the VA state police...he laughed at the notion of the detector detector and said they rarely use it because they don't have that many to go round to all the guys. Then again, this might have changed cuz now VA apparently has enough money to have those damn helicopters out and about to get us for speeding.

·
Registered
34 Posts
down here in New York, there is this shop that does alot of custom stuff to cars & one is a radar detector. they have a radar detector thats built INTO the interior review mirror, wanna talk about FLY sh*t? im going to get it installed on my car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
14 Participants
Black_IS300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing