Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
IS300 sales held up VERY well in November, better than most performance cars. That's a promising sign for the model.
But look at the freaking RX300, 7300 cars last month! Where do people get the money to buy these? Unbelievable, makes me feel poor.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
A coworker just bought one for $45,000 fully loaded, a lot less than an X5, but I guess the $34k one is not well loaded. I don't know how people can afford 330s either, $42,000 for a 3 series? You've got to be kidding.

Originally posted by MikeB:
It's only 34k. Just a tad more than the IS300, and about 6k less than a 330i.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wow, those SC's sure don't sell! I know they are changing body styles, and only have left over models, but even 1999 sales were terrible. Suprized that they are spending big $ to re-design the car when it did not sell. I hear it is a great car though.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Not much of a market for a long snouted 2+2 today. Now, chop the top, subtract the backseats, add stunning styling and brand spanking new technology with nice speed and you have a legitimate bargain SL. This car will sell like hotcakes for several years.

Originally posted by croddy:
Wow, those SC's sure don't sell! I know they are changing body styles, and only have left over models, but even 1999 sales were terrible. Suprized that they are spending big $ to re-design the car when it did not sell. I hear it is a great car though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
not if the economy tanks.... I like the SC's now and it is a great car. A retracable hard top will be great. I hope it sells for them. The pictures I have seen so far have not inspired me.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Just checked out the new SC430 on the NEW LEXUS WEBSITE (sooooooooo much better than the old one). I have to say, I'm in love with the car already. I beleive with the most powerful Lexus engine, and lighter than the GS, this car's gonna be the fastest Lexus on the road (in stock form). Definitely worth looking at while shopping for the new SL or XK.
I'm sure this car will be on back order...I remember that when I bought my IS, I saw a big ass stack of order files for the upcoming SC - that was over 5 months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts