Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went up to my local Lexus dealer to pick up my timing belt goodies since my IS-300 is due for it's first.

I've been great friends with the Assistant Parts manager since before he moved to the Lexus Dealer from the Toyota Parts Dept. down the street.

We got to talking about the IS-F and when it's coming out, pricing etc. Then he started showing me the EPC for the IS-F.

We were looking at the engine diagrams, and I noticed the block is an open deck design with some sort of a seperator sleeve that goes in the cooling jacket.

I can see it as a good thing for production cars, but I don't know if this will be a limitation on tweaking this later on.

Thought you folks might want to know. Don't know if anyone is planning on boost for these or not. We might end up like the honda crowd with block guards and sleeves eventually.

JDM ALan

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
That's not the only issue you'd have to deal with in boosting the IS F. You also have the direct injection and its high compression ratios, which make boost quite tricky.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Touche.

It's only a matter of time until those are addressed (direct injection).

Lets look at all the diesel tuning going on right now. It's not impossible, just difficult.

JDM ALan

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Maybe difficult isn't even the word... it's just un-familiar territory right now.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The IS250/350 is the same way. I didn't think the EPC was out on the ISF, yet. Are you sure he wasn't showing you something off of TIS?

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty sure it was the EPC.

I could double check, but it looks similar the pic you posted, with the exception of the engine being two cylinders longer.

It had the part #'s there and everything too.

JDM ALan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts