Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending $90.00 on a JDM dash kit, and $40.00 on a stupid plastic thing i guess they call a dash kit, i am fed up with trying to find one that fits, and looks decent. :pissed: I want one that has no pocket at the bottom. I saw it on some kids car on the forum, but i do not remember where. Please someone tell my where to get a dash kit that has no pocket at the bottom. Thank you! :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you want to install your JDM dash kit w/out pocket, just cut down the factory cover it came with to a single din size and use the remaining screw/s and tab at the bottom to hold it place. Your 2nd option that I went with was a factory pocket from Toyota. This pocket fits perfect and matches great. The only thing you need to do is to make a bracket to hold the pocket in place. If you want the part # for the pocket and a pic PM me your email.

·
8,880 Posts
For a single did unit you would need to buy $10 pocket - no way around it, other than getting 2 single din units or 1 double din unit. Well, you could go the custom way, as mentioned above, and cut out half of the cover that comes with the kit so it would cover the bottom din opening. Cutting that plastic would take some effort. It is just like cutting through plastic bags melted together - very hard to get edges nice and straight.

JDM dash kit will match perfectly due to the plastic being of the same as OEM. No aftermarket piece will be able to match it. From what I read, sandblasting may make Metra look closer to factory finish, still not an exact match.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts