Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone have a problem like this?

The relay fuse box is clicking. not really sure what it is.. someone encounter this before?

and i dont think its a blown fuse. :suspiciou or is it?

thnx
-sexylexy-

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Did you wash shoot the motor down with water? That happened to me before. It stopped ticking after about a day

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no but it stops when i put the key in the ignition.... weird

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just pulled the relay out whenever the car was not in use. Just so the relay wouldn't crap out and die.

Reactions: sexyLexy808

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thnx ill try that... it stoped for a while then it came back on.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It very much sounds like your descibing the interlock switch. I have seen a few of those you will need to replace the interlock and solenoid (to be safe) part #'s 84052-60020 and 85432-14040. Should be able to get it for around $80.00...

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey the problem stoped for a while then it came back heres pics of whats making the clicking sounds.

Thnx
-lexy808-

·
Registered
164 Posts
Did you read my post? The key interlock on the ignition switch will intermittently fail causing the relay(s) you are talking about to energize(on and off) till the key is inserted in the switch. Most of the time the problem will come and go.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Shouldn't reading the function of the relay tell him anyway what's going bad/not working? ie confirm that this is the key interlock switch?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts