Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is that?...I think it looks good...I am a bit sketchy about the kit though because it doesn't seem like too many people have it....

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
i was about to get the front lip, but i found another for a better deal....and i have the area 51 rear valence.....

maybe cuz its a little costly? (around 300-400 for each piece).... or maybe its too plain?....:D

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
A51 = Armsdesign ...so i guess there is alot people with it....

·
Registered
425 Posts
My full 6 Piece Area51 Kit is being installed as I write this and it will be ready tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm a bit skeptical because the shop said they didn't need my car to match the paint? We'll see how it turns out. Hopefully if its off it won't be noticeable since I have a darker car. If its really bad, I'm just gonna make them do re-do it and leave my car with them.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
IS-is-SWEET said:
My full 6 Piece Area51 Kit is being installed as I write this and it will be ready tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm a bit skeptical because the shop said they didn't need my car to match the paint? We'll see how it turns out. Hopefully if its off it won't be noticeable since I have a darker car. If its really bad, I'm just gonna make them do re-do it and leave my car with them.

they shouldn't need your car to match the paint.....only the paint code off your door......hey, i'm from bay area too.....so maybe i could check out your ride some time.... :D

btw....are you using stock exhaust or did you buy aftermarket? if with stock exhaust, its going to burn the lip where it meets the tip.....and thats the trouble i'm having now with my area51 rear....

·
Registered
425 Posts
I gave them my paint code, but I've heard of some cars not getting a good match because sometimes the paint fades after time. I doubt thats the case with my car, but we'll see.

You can check my car out anytime. Just let me know. I always like to see other IS's. I have the JIC Titanium Exhaust. Hopefully it won't burn my bumper. If it does, my exhaust came with an add-on piece that extends the exhaust so I will put it on.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
i have the front & rear A51.....

I am using the RMM side skirts as i like their subtlety....
had them all painted MSM byt Carson Toyota & only gave them paintcode(VIN) & installed the front & sides on Fri W Olivers (ucla-IS-300) help
& we both figger it is a tiny shade MORE silvery than the stock paint......?????

Kinda pisses me off too but i am not sure itf it is worth making a big deal about as it is pretty f'ing close........& i dont wanna be without my car for a length of time to get them to fix it.... Dont think anyone else would notice it unless really scrutinizing the car from close up in the rite light.

I am currently running a Hiper Exh & I cannot mount the A51 valance with the Hiper mounted... it would blow directly on the back upper arch of the cutout.... the Hiper sits too high, & the thing already scrapes once & a while, so i CANNOT Lower it w/ bigger exh. hangars... & I will NOT carve into the Valance to make it work.

I will try Re-mounting the Stock Exh instead.... i'm gonna dyno the stock muffler & XERD Race pipe & DT B-pipe soon, so i wanted to do this anyway but with the Hiper & the other pipes the exh. sounds WAY badass ........but WAY loud so the Stock Exh will possibly work best for me for now....

I would look into asbestos or ?? panels to protect the rr arch etc of the lip from the exh. heat......

edgy

·
Registered
130 Posts
Area 51 kit is based off of 3 didfferent JDM kits. the front Lip is very similar to the Arms Design. The side skirts, rear apron, and rear lip wing is close to the Hippo Sleek, and the rear roof wing is based off the Pittura. Just letting those know who are curious.

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
AltEzZa_S4 said:
A51 = Armsdesign ...so i guess there is alot people with it....
just the front lip bro...for the rest 5 piece...they are = hippo sleek :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
IS300eR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing