Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is what I’ve been trying to tell him but damn if people don’t listen. 🤷🏽‍♂️ The VVTi has been activated EVERY SINGLE TIME you have started the car in your ownership. Do you not understand that? When you did the timing belt, you have problems BECAUSE you set the timing wrong and to the INCORRECT marks. Like it or not. You want to keep thinking it’s a VVTI problem. Again not trying to be rude, it’s a mistake that has heavy consequences unfortunately.
So, im going outside now and try to take pictures of everything. I'm not taking this as a offense because I know everybody just want to help here. But yeah, tried it with lines, dots, everything and I'm sure right now it's not a timing problem (not anymore at least)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey guys. I'm back after 2 weeks of doing nothing because this problem is pissin' me off hugely. Couldn't take pictures so far but I'm going to do that pretty soon.

Just checked the car for codes and I am getting

P0100
P0110
P1120
P1126
P1656
Car still backfires (through the Intake) and wants to start. I have fuel, spark. Only thing I don't know is compression, maybe someone can tell if this weird sound when Starting is sounding like no compression?

No teeth is broken @ the crank.

Maybe a code that could cause a no start? Checked ocv outside the car and it opened and closed with directly 12v connection to it. Ocv filter was clogged but I cleaned it.

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
From the codes you have there, you need to inspect your throttle body for proper function, frayed wires, loose connector on the throttle body (both connectors black and grey)

Also you need to check the mass airflow sensor for the same thing. Top two codes are related to the MAF and next two codes are Throttle body related, last code is OCV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
From the codes you have there, you need to inspect your throttle body for proper function, frayed wires, loose connector on the throttle body (both connectors black and grey)

Also you need to check the mass airflow sensor for the same thing. Top two codes are related to the MAF and next two codes are Throttle body related, last code is OCV.
So, got every Code except the first two fixed. Doesnt show up anymore in the ECU.

Is there any way to reset the VVTI Camgear? When you go to my youtube link you can hear there's something wrong with it obviously... It just sounds like its cranking to slow, i think when i advanced it with techstream it stalled and the VVTI Camgear doesnt got back to his 'normal' position and thats why the car is not starting right now.

·
Registered
789 Posts
So, got every Code except the first two fixed. Doesnt show up anymore in the ECU.

Is there any way to reset the VVTI Camgear? When you go to my youtube link you can hear there's something wrong with it obviously... It just sounds like its cranking to slow, i think when i advanced it with techstream it stalled and the VVTI Camgear doesnt got back to his 'normal' position and thats why the car is not starting right now.
From memory in techstream you use the same button to retract it as well, i cant remember if it automatically retracts or not though. I imagine it would if the ECU was reset, it should all go back to zero.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
From memory in techstream you use the same button to retract it as well, i cant remember if it automatically retracts or not though. I imagine it would if the ECU was reset, it should all go back to zero.
Tried that aswell, when I switch it from off to on or from on to off nothing happens. I think it only works when the engine is started.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts