Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP

i was cleaning underneithe hood...using degreaser on engine...and like directions..i covered battery..etc... and rinsed with pressured water...
then as i turned on engine, it stutterd....and only ONE of the TWO fans came on!! wat do i do?? dad said (after me chewing out) taht both are suppose to be wroking,...that bc of so much water,connection messed up? we called a mech and he said after heavy water,we should wait a day before starting engine..or compouter would fry or something...please help!!! wat do i do?? wat couldve happened????? ....thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
the most probable cause of the engine not starting is probably water in the distributor, or water in the electrical system. i guess let it air dry overnight to make sure there is no water in the system. many things may have happened but i think the distributor is flooded, thus not giving spark to ignite the engine to start. check it out. hope everything is cool.

mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
teh engine DID start...i could back out of driveway and everything...only thing is,when accerlating..its slow..and shaky...only thing wrong rite now is that and that only ONE of the fans are turning..

·
Registered
626 Posts
Sounds like it time to get daddy to buy you the is300. That was your plan right? Just kidding. I do believe the water got into the electrical. Wait a day and see what happens.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not really taking any jokes rite now...water getting into elec woiuld explain why ONE fan is working and now two?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Double check with your dealer that both fans are supposed to be running normally.

If you shorted something with the water then you might have blown a fuse.

This is the wrong place to be asking techincal questions about Mitsubishi products!!!
[hint: Go find a Mitsubishi forum]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.