Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was washing my car today next to this 2000 BMW 323Ci Auto. The guy came over to check out my car. He was very impressed with it and was very complimentary of the interior and exterior. I asked him about his car and interestingly he said he liked it but he was disappointed with the paint chips on the hood. All I could do was laugh to myself thinking about all of the posts on here.

BTW, ckolsen, mrclam, young and S38 you aren't a*holes either

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Thanks CC.

Actually being new to "BMW owner" status, I notice things too, like when I pull out of my apartment complex lot this morning, and some Indian guy in a new 325i pulls behind me and is tailgating me in our OWN COMPLEX! We pull onto the highway onramp and I leave his 325i in the dust, then slow down when I reach 65 and he eventually zooms up so he can tailgate me again - about 5 feet behind. What an a-hole. So I have to say "Yes, some BMW owners are cool, but many are still azzwipes."
That's a pretty car though.

[This message has been edited by ckolsen (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
258 Posts
Paint chips, BMW does have a problem with them. I know a guy in Philadelphia that had a 99 750iL and finally got rid of it for a 2000 LS400 because of the awful paint chipping on the front.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
455 Posts
wow, that's a nice car. I like that color a lot!!
Yeah, Topaz Blue is the best color for the 3 series imho. Looks bad in alot of pictures but its absolutely gorgeous in person.

There are lots of nice bimmer owners out there...really depends on the person not the car maker. In fact, I see more assholes driving freakin jalopies cutting people off than people who drive nice cars.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I have 1 super small paint chip, but its not on the hood. Its on inner part of the front bumper near the air intake.

I haven't had any paint chip problems since though.

·
2,909 Posts
Some BMW owners just think they are something special. They think by getting ahead of me in dense traffic they are affecting me somehow as if I don't see enough of their car on the roads already. I just ignore that stupidity as much as possible.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
thanks i'm glad i'm not
i get a lot of attention in the M but strangely i find i drive more aggressively in the old 190E than the M
hehe

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Well, I have to say that bmw are nice cars, but some bimmer owners have to be @ssholes just because their car is 0.3 seconds faster in 0-60
now that's ridiculous

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well, I have to say that bmw are nice cars, but some bimmer owners have to be @ssholes just because their car is 0.3 seconds faster in 0-60 now that's ridiculous
I guess some people just feel the need to justify their more expensive purchases by driving like idiots. But i think perception has a lot to do with it too...people usually pay more attention and are more critical of people who drive nice cars. It's a shame, gives all bimmer owners and just people who have nice cars in general a bad name.

[This message has been edited by 3Double0 (edited November 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
there is good and bad seeds in everything, if you wanted to categorize a certain car driver as an ahole, i would say it would be younger kids (like myself) in cheaper cars, not BMW's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts