Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from the dealer.. had my first test drive today.. and I'm not happy.. not happy that I can't get an IS yet

On a more serious note, I wasn't too impressed with the e-shift.. I guess its just the whole idea of giving up the 5-speed for an automatic.. so my expectations for the e-shift were a little high.. but I loved the ride.. one thing I'd never be able to get used to is a boaty ride and the IS was far from that.. it was firm enough for me but gentle enough to take my grandmother to the store or something (in my Civic, everytime I hit a bump, my grandmother asked if there was something wrong as she reached for the "oh-sh*t" handle).. the power was nice, but I really don't have much to compare it to.. but with three guys in the car, it still pulled pretty good.. very impressive.. I must say, I think I would actually enjoy going to work just for the drive there and the thought of driving home in an IS..

Hey, I did get a brochure though.. I guess I should be happy about that..

Oh yeah.. and another thing I noticed for the first time, there's no keyhole on the passenger side.. I thought that was so.. weird or something.. but I guess you dont need it anyways..

[This message has been edited by oh-dawg (edited August 23, 2000).]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lots of car manufacturers have started leaving the key hole off the passenger door. It's just one less place for theives to try to get in to the car.

·
Registered
654 Posts
E-shift sucks...it's true... it's true... and if you can't scrap up enough money for this wonderful car...just wait a year! Wait for the manual and wait for the money to start rolling in... sure you won't be first, but at least you'll get what you want right?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hardly use my eshift. I played with it tonight on the way home from work. I passed someone. I have to get used to it. My last car was a Prelude SH with a 5-speed manual! I sort of like not having to shift gears for a while, though!

Depending on how the next generation IS looks like, I'll get a manual then.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah.. I thought about waiting for the manual but then again, drive to and from work, which is a majority of my driving, the thought of not having to shift is also appealing.. but I figure I wouldnt use the e-shift much either.. it seemed more troublesome than it was worth.. but I could see the use when passing a car.. although I'm from the school of Lead Foot so then again, I dunno how useful the e-shift would be..

One thing that I didn't think to try though was the e-shift in the ECT power mode.. does it make a difference ? Does it make the shifting more "swift" and sudden rather than making it nice and smooth ? I might just have to go on another test drive..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
oh-dawg
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing