Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a factory nose mask for long highway trips / harsh winter roads etc. Does the mask have to be cleaned and dried every time it gets wet from a rain storm or snow storm? Obviously it should be cleaned on a regular basis, but I am wondering if I could do some damage to the paint if I left it on for a few days after getting it wet. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is what I do. I always take the nose mask off every time I wash my car. Then, I hose the dirt off on both side. I leave it for 2 hours until it dries.
Note: I wash my car every week. So I clean them very week as well.
I always have my nose mask on the car, since I take the highway to go to work everyday. And those damn truck always spit a stone to my car. So, although it rains or snow, the nose mask is always on the car. But I usually take off the nose mask during the weekend. So far it doesn't damage the paint, even it is wet.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is what I do. I always take the nose mask off every time I wash my car. Then, I hose the dirt off on both side. I leave it for 2 hours until it dries.
Note: I wash my car every week. So I clean them very week as well.
I always have my nose mask on the car, since I take the highway to go to work everyday. And those damn truck always spit a stone to my car. So, although it rains or snow, the nose mask is always on the car. But I usually take off the nose mask during the weekend. So far it doesn't damage the paint, even it is wet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts