Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have an E-Shift IS, and i'm thinking of running NOS on my is. the only mods i have done so far is a AEM intake, and GReddy EVO II exhaust. what kind of set up do you guys recomend? also, i don't want to blow my engine, so, shoudl i get an E management system or what...and if so, what type (brand). i'll probably not use the NOS too often...maybe a couple times every month or two...so, just a little info would be great.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, i did the search, and i found out that you could put NOS on a stock IS if needed. but, i haven't seen a post about what the best NOS system is for my setup right now. also, i've been lookin for pics of the NOS setup, and haven't found what i've been lookin for.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Oh yeah and its not pronounced NNAAAASSSS. Its Nitrous.

-Yamaha Dave

·
Super Moderator
13,453 Posts
The Brain that comes with it its pretty nice and is your WOT switch also Without getting into major detail that really doesnt make a whole lot of sense to anyone that brain is designed to allow you to spray without being a nitrous genius.

I personally would still tack on a RPM activation window switch, drop my plugs to colder ones and use an emanage to retard my timing to be 100% safe but the zex is without a doubt safer then just tossing a bunch of lines and 2 cylinoids on your car and calling it a day like you do with some kits. If you dont know what your doing with that your motors gonna go boom.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yamahadave said:
Oh yeah and its not pronounced NNAAAASSSS. Its Nitrous.

-Yamaha Dave
...but, NOS is the Co....correct....that is why i said NOS. Nitrous could mean the different Nitrous setups...like Edelbrock and so on....

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey, is there a good site to get the whole set up? and, how much more HP will this give me?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
use the search button. this question has been asked numerous times and okcis has answered this many times. Zex is safe. Any nitrous kit is safe if you install it properly and have the safety features.
WOT switch
colder plugs
rpm window switch
fuel shutoff switch
greddy emanage
purge kit
blowdown

as far as a whole setup...there it is. if you have any further questions, shoot me a pm. ive installed differnt nitrous kits on a couple cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts