Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recently installed a NOS kit, i wasnt going to but the kit was just sittin' in the garage collecting dust. it came off my bros 300zx, thats why its a dual nozzle setup but it worked out pretty good. probably running an extra 75hp or so. it has a pretty good kick. hopefully this will satisfy my power urge till i can save up enough money to go F/I. :p

ooh, and i went ahead and polished the upper pieces of the intake too. that shit took forever but its pretty bling bling now :D

i tried to snap the purge in the last pic but it didnt come out to well. u can kindda see 2 sprays coming out the grill. check it out

more pics in my foto album

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
wow! :eek:

that looks awesome!

what did u use to polish the throttle body?
did it involve removing it?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
YOu can poilsh everything in the IS300 motor bay ....INtake mani, Trottle body....I opted to Chrome the INtake mani and Polisht the Throttle bosy as the TB is magnesium and it is very risk to chrome magnesium.....
-MAtt

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
wow looks great... congrats bro

·
Registered
428 Posts
dont blow ur engine up, its may be fun while it works but its not going 2 be fun once the car no go no where :shame:

·
Registered
769 Posts
phamous101 said:
rllinghardis300 said:
what did you use for the Rev Limiter issue?
You need something to address the Fuel Cut off, when you hit the rev limiter don't you?
yeah.... i just keep an eye on the RPMs when im running it hard
I wouldn't trust yourself to do this properly, at least not everytime. That little switch is pretty cheap, considerably cheaper than a new motor, and will be worth every penny.

Congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DarkStorm said:
phamous101 said:
rllinghardis300 said:
what did you use for the Rev Limiter issue?
You need something to address the Fuel Cut off, when you hit the rev limiter don't you?
yeah.... i just keep an eye on the RPMs when im running it hard
I wouldn't trust yourself to do this properly, at least not everytime. That little switch is pretty cheap, considerably cheaper than a new motor, and will be worth every penny.

Congrats and good luck!
i think my bro is giving me a window switch for christmas :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.