Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey IS owners:
Im looking to put in something that will make my car quick...without putting 7-10 k in it to get a kit ...i mean i will eventually will but dont have the money rit now... so does anyone know if it is a good idea to spray my IS wit nos ...ive heard from alot of ppl that our cars can hold up to 125 shot...but i dont want to take the risk...wut bout a 75 shot-100 shot..wet or dry? whats the best way to have it installed...and the most realiable...
If anyone could give advise...please do?

___________________
silv 04'
aem intake
H&R's
toyomoto 2nd gen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
Lets get a couple issues straight


it is nitrous not NOS, or NAWWWZ or whatever the hell fast and furious rice term you have picked up

NOS: is a company made from Holley I believe
Zex
NX

The last 2 are kits and manuf of a nitorus kit

:pissed:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMPRIMIS said:
Lets get a couple issues straight


it is nitrous not NOS, or NAWWWZ or whatever the hell fast and furious rice term you have picked up

NOS: is a company made from Holley I believe
Zex
NX

The last 2 are kits and manuf of a nitorus kit

:pissed:
ok smart ass u really think i give afuck wut its called...as long as u fuckin beat wat ever ur trying to race....am i wrong..."NX" happy u fuck...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,487 Posts
Is300nac said:
ok smart ass u really think i give afuck wut its called...as long as u fuckin beat wat ever ur trying to race....am i wrong..."NX" happy u fuck...

uh oh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,728 Posts
for the IS you need a wet kit...look in the member sale/trade forum, there is a kit for sale now for 700 and change with all the safety features you need. The more the safety features u have the closer to 125 you could go...i am about to install a n/x kit but only a 50 shot. Anything over 70 i believe and you should start to retard the timing for safety measures i.e. greddy emanage. Get a kit...try getting an apexi safc/safc2, get it professionally installed/tuned and ur set
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
Cause you post like you are a ricer and it is annoying


Get things correct and you would not get corrected

And that was me being nice :cool: (no hard feelings) you can take it personal that is on you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,728 Posts
the member/sale trade forum

ppl are being "smarty" so to speak because some1 like you being new to the forum dont know better, but are asking questions that have already been discussed several times. so for people that have been on the site for years, they are annoyed, but to you, you are just asking a question. We were all newbies once which is why i try to help people. But for future questions, try using the search option, you usually find what u are looking for from that. I use it all the time and it works well, lol shit ironically i did a search on nitrous today to get pictures of peoples setups. Hope i helped you out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i do race ...but wut the hell does that mean u try to act like ur a racer...wut u drive nascar...or F1 or somethin..i dont so im not a racer..ok me bein nice to..friends?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,728 Posts
he said ricer not racer...dont take what imprimis says personal, hes just a grumpy old man. JP but seriously if u ever have a question, do a search first, because chances are, there has been a thread on it before
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,414 Posts
Is300nac said:
well i do race ...but wut the hell does that mean u try to act like ur a racer...wut u drive nascar...or F1 or somethin..i dont so im not a racer..ok me bein nice to..friends?
I have no clue what you just said.

Anyway, You have three main options as far as brands go when looking into nitrous oxide injection: Zex, Nitrous Express (NX), and NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems). There are other companies out there as well.

Get a wet kit.
Get an RPM window switch
Get the proper spark plugs
There are a bunch of other things that you should get if you want your car to run reliably while spraying.

Use the search function...I know you can do it...it's not that hard...you know you wanna...c'mon...just a little?





Do it now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,406 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Lets get a couple issues straight


it is nitrous not NOS, or NAWWWZ or whatever the hell fast and furious rice term you have picked up

NOS: is a company made from Holley I believe
Zex
NX

The last 2 are kits and manuf of a nitorus kit

:pissed:
Just to one up you...

Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) is a daughter company of Holley.
NOS, along with Edelbrock, Nitrous Express (NX), ZEX, Venom, and a few other companys offer Nozzle type nitrous injection systems.

The mainstream kit here among the IS world is the Nitrous Express kit.

Most people do a 75 shot, although many do a 100 shot, or I believe OKCIS is spraying a 125 shot.

You'll need a TPS switch, wince hte knife-style WOT switch that comes in most kits wont work witht he IS. Using a Happy button isnt exactly the safest thing to do.

You'll also want a RPM switch, so the N2O is only spraying when its safe for it to do so. You wouldnt want is spraying while youre bouncing off the rev limiter.

from what Ive read, you have to tap the Fuel Rail, since there is no place to T the fuel line before the Rail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FourT6and2 said:
I have no clue what you just said.

Anyway, You have three main options as far as brands go when looking into nitrous oxide injection: Zex, Nitrous Express (NX), and NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems). There are other companies out there as well.

Get a wet kit.
Get an RPM window switch
Get the proper spark plugs
There are a bunch of other things that you should get if you want your car to run reliably while spraying.

Use the search function...I know you can do it...it's not that hard...you know you wanna...c'mon...just a little?




Do it now!
ok..wut about the bunch of things that will make my car more reliable...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,954 Posts
GangusKhanh² said:
Just to one up you...

Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) is a daughter company of Holley.
NOS, along with Edelbrock, Nitrous Express (NX), ZEX, Venom, and a few other companys offer Nozzle type nitrous injection systems.

The mainstream kit here among the IS world is the Nitrous Express kit.

Most people do a 75 shot, although many do a 100 shot, or I believe OKCIS is spraying a 125 shot.

You'll need a TPS switch, wince hte knife-style WOT switch that comes in most kits wont work witht he IS. Using a Happy button isnt exactly the safest thing to do.

You'll also want a RPM switch, so the N2O is only spraying when its safe for it to do so. You wouldnt want is spraying while youre bouncing off the rev limiter.

from what Ive read, you have to tap the Fuel Rail, since there is no place to T the fuel line before the Rail.

Thanks man, not into nitrous and all that it entails :lol:


Good info for mr fast and furious
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,453 Posts
GangusKhanh² said:
Just to one up you...

Nitrous Oxide Systems (NOS) is a daughter company of Holley.
NOS, along with Edelbrock, Nitrous Express (NX), ZEX, Venom, and a few other companys offer Nozzle type nitrous injection systems.

The mainstream kit here among the IS world is the Nitrous Express kit.

Most people do a 75 shot, although many do a 100 shot, or I believe OKCIS is spraying a 125 shot.

You'll need a TPS switch, wince hte knife-style WOT switch that comes in most kits wont work witht he IS. Using a Happy button isnt exactly the safest thing to do.

You'll also want a RPM switch, so the N2O is only spraying when its safe for it to do so. You wouldnt want is spraying while youre bouncing off the rev limiter.

from what Ive read, you have to tap the Fuel Rail, since there is no place to T the fuel line before the Rail.
Actually you can t-line it its just way under the car before the fuel rail. Kind of a pain in the ass but if youve ever tapped the IS300's stock fuel rail youll realize really fast that it was a bad idea. It took literally 4 hours to get my fuel rail tapped and the leak stopped.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top