Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are interested in competing in the exhaust competition please respond to this thread. We will have roughly 10 slots available for each class (8 cylinder cars, 6 cylinder cars).

Please provide the following information:

Please indicate 6 cyl, IS300 (not that i am stupid, but we have sc3/4's and gs3/4's in this too)
exhaust brand
exhaust model name or part number if any
list any of the following allowable mods: No resonators, no CAT's, Y pipes, headers, etc.

This IS NOT a contest to see who has the loudest exhaust, rather it is a contest to determine who has the exhaust that is most pleasing to the ear, as judged by the spectators. Not too loud, not too soft, raspy, deep drone, but just right.

Cars will line up in single file and drive to the staging area, where they will be given 10 seconds to rev their motor in any manner that they believe will impress the crowd.

The winners will be determined by popular vote (and have braggin rights).

Please note that we have certain requirements in order to be eligible for this competition. This is due to the limited # of cars that we can run. Some resrictions will be: No stock exhaust systems, no non-muffler cars, no custom mufflers that are not available through standard retail outlets. There may be other restrictions.

pm myself or rominl for any ???'s
rolo

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1newLexIS300:
i'll volunteer for the exhaust testings.........i have rod millen intake with greddy full catback exhaust

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I can participate too if needed. Nothing special though...

My '01 IS has the HKS Drager 2 with only a Tom's panel filter intake. Should allow everyone to hear it without distortion of a race pipe, headers or cold-air intake.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
blue_j said:
I can participate too if needed. Nothing special though...

My '01 IS has the HKS Drager 2 with only a Tom's panel filter intake. Should allow everyone to hear it without distortion of a race pipe, headers or cold-air intake.
sounds good...we'll put you down

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hoss-"i should be there with the new carsontuned exhaust for people to check out. i just took off the race pipe so now you can actually hear the exhaust instead of the pipe"

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am interested...
2002 IS300 6 cyl.
Apexi N1 Exhaust
XERD Race Pipe
PLP intake

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
silveraltezza said:
Hey Rolo,

I'll be in it.
IS300 '02 6 cyl.
HKS Dragger II
SRT Intake

remember this pic rolo :D
:wink: oh yeah...

i think it would be badd ass to have like 100 Lexi taking the whole bridge and get a pic of that!!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
r.maestas said:
:wink: oh yeah...

i think it would be badd ass to have like 100 Lexi taking the whole bridge and get a pic of that!!!
That's exactly what I was picturing :wink: :crazy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts