Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might seem really stupid but i just bought the Eibach Sportline spring and the drop says its 1.4 now i want to buy shocks and for an example the tockico says it only drops an inch. Will i loose life from my shock by riding on a spring that can lower more or should i go with another shock >?? what is suggested

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
That's a good question, I would say .4 of an inch will not make that much of a difference to shorten the life of the shock.

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
whenever you do get shocks try to get them adjustables

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya i Was Thinking bout Tokico Illuminas but i dont want to have to be adjusting every so often. And im sure after a while you would have to re-adj those .... by the way is the sportline a good spring diddnt get reviews before i bought but im finding out that ppl say they sagg. and there kinda of stiff ride

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have had sportline spring on 2 other cars ive had. i love the ride.nice drop handles good. im waiting for my is300 sportlines. ill post up on it when i git it

·
Registered
886 Posts
That's a good question, I would say .4 of an inch will not make that much of a difference to shorten the life of the shock.
I concur.. I've ran on KYB GR2's(not rated for any drop) in my Conquest for tens of thousands of miles, while dropped 3-3.25" or so..

·
13,727 Posts
I concur.. I've ran on KYB GR2's(not rated for any drop) in my Conquest for tens of thousands of miles, while dropped 3-3.25" or so..
I have KYB GR2's and they do advertise that they can be used on modified suspensions. But my drop is only on Prokits not Sportlines, but we are only talking half an inch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts