Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not seem to get a straight answer from anybody on this so I figured I would try the boards. I have a 2002 sportscross with stock wheels, but I want to replace them. I would like to stay with 17" wheels, but am willing to go to 18" is I need to. I would like to put the same size wheel and tire on both in the front and back.
My question is, can this be done? Are there any specials things I need to make sure of with the new wheels, i.e. offsets, widths?

HELP

Duckman748

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I can not seem to get a straight answer from anybody on this so I figured I would try the boards. I have a 2002 sportscross with stock wheels, but I want to replace them. I would like to stay with 17" wheels, but am willing to go to 18" is I need to. I would like to put the same size wheel and tire on both in the front and back.
My question is, can this be done? Are there any specials things I need to make sure of with the new wheels, i.e. offsets, widths?

HELP

Duckman748

Im sure you can do this. I imagine the only reason they went with a slightly wider wheel/tire in the rear was to account for the difference in weight distribution between the sportcross and the sedan. The difference in tire width from the factory was so small anyway, I'm sure it doesn't account for much. Unless you drive everywhere at the limit, I'm sure you will never even notice the difference. I would personally go with 225s or 235s all around just to add a little more stick... pushing the envelope out a bit just in case. Hell people with the sedan run 225s up front with 265s in the rear... thats much more different from the stock setup and they manage fine. I personally run 235s up front with 255s in the rear, and I was able to dial out pretty much any difference at all my adjusting my suspension.

Moral of the story, I would say you should be totally fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts