Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Ive been looking at replacing my non-Nav 06 IS250 with a FlyAudio nav kit. The flyaudio kit to me is a great buy and much more easy and less stressful to install due to it is plug-n-play. Also has a rear camera for 45$! A good friend of mine is heading to china in a month and will be trying to get one of these for me for cheaper than 2k here in the US.

Just wanted to see if anybody else installed this and how they like it over a oem nav that is alot of work to install, and about the same price with less features.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Hey everyone,

Ive been looking at replacing my non-Nav 06 IS250 with a FlyAudio nav kit. The flyaudio kit to me is a great buy and much more easy and less stressful to install due to it is plug-n-play. Also has a rear camera for 45$! A good friend of mine is heading to china in a month and will be trying to get one of these for me for cheaper than 2k here in the US.

Just wanted to see if anybody else installed this and how they like it over a oem nav that is alot of work to install, and about the same price with less features.

Thanks,
Hi, glad to see you are interested in the FlyAudio system. This is truly a plug and play solution that matches and exceeds the quality, design, and fit of the factory navigation system.

Just one note about buying from outside the US. There are multiple versions of this system for the IS because of the differences in wiring between Asian/US market cars. If you buy from China, you won't have FlyAudio's support/warranty in the US. Also, the Chinese markets don't have the updated wiring harness for the US model cars, so you will have an airbag light on.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the system, I am happy to help!

Mat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

Thanks for the info. I sent you an email about buying one of these units off you. Please PM me or respond to the email. Also about purchasing one in China, anyway to get a US version over there from FlyAudio headquaters. I mean they sell them to the US so I don't see how you couldn't get a US version there.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Matt,

Thanks for the info. I sent you an email about buying one of these units off you. Please PM me or respond to the email. Also about purchasing one in China, anyway to get a US version over there from FlyAudio headquaters. I mean they sell them to the US so I don't see how you couldn't get a US version there.
I haven't received a PM or Email yet, but I will reply when it comes thru. Did you send it on my.is or Club Lexus? I am selling an open box unit right now that was returned from a customer who decided not to keep it. It was installed once but in brand new condition. I am selling it for a large discount with the 1 year warranty, airbag fix, and upgraded BIOS/HD maps. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Thanks for the question. I hope that some FlyAudio owners will chime in and give you there opinions. The original poster in this thread is very happy with his FlyAudio, so maybe he will chime in.

I have alot of clients running aftermarket stereo setups in their IS's and I've heard nothing but great things about the sound quality. The best way to find out is to try and find someone in your area that has one installed so that you can hear it for yourself.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can try and put you in touch with some clients who have this system so you can ask them any questions you have. Thanks!

Mat

·
Registered
4 Posts
thank you for the answer.
unfortunately i live outside US, i'm from Italy :)
I'm interested on this flyaudio product, i've already talked with flyaudio europe seller and he said new flyaudio products for european countries will be available from this summer, with some new features as TMC and GPRS :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Flyaudio product was more than I expected in terms of quality. The audio quality is excellet. And as well as all the other functions. Ihavent had time to take pics of my install due to school and work. The only thing I can think of is getting a software update for the unit to see more usefull functions. Like phonebook in Bluetooth and artist list in Ipod mode and some other things.

BTW have u heard anything about an update?? Is any Software engineers willing to work on this in the States? I know some programmers at school but wouldn't know how to get the program info to coode. I wouldn't think adding these functions would take this long when the main program has allready been written

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The Flyaudio product was more than I expected in terms of quality. The audio quality is excellet. And as well as all the other functions. Ihavent had time to take pics of my install due to school and work. The only thing I can think of is getting a software update for the unit to see more usefull functions. Like phonebook in Bluetooth and artist list in Ipod mode and some other things.

BTW have u heard anything about an update?? Is any Software engineers willing to work on this in the States? I know some programmers at school but wouldn't know how to get the program info to coode. I wouldn't think adding these functions would take this long when the main program has allready been written
Glad to hear you are happy with the FlyAudio system. I haven't heard any of my clients that are disappointed with it.

The software updates will be coming soon. FlyAudio is bringing a software engineer over to the US from China, but he is having difficulty getting a work visa in the US. Once he gets here, I am sure that the software updates will be rolling out. A couple people have approached FlyAudio about doing software programming, but they are very protective of their software.

Let me know if anyone has any questions!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.