Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else feel this way? For some reason I don't think bodykits belong on an IS300. On other cars like Hondas, Acuras, etc. they seem a bit more in place.

Not to say kitted IS's are ugly, but IMO with a drop and wheels there's no reaseon for a bodykit. :)

Reactions: boman

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree

Reactions: boman

·
Registered
973 Posts
IMO , Their are a few kits that arent too much and keep the class of the IS300. For instance the L SPORTLINE.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'm with you to an extent. Simple body kits are very nice and enhance the look of the IS300. Other, more aggressive body kits, don't make it look as good, and kinda cheapen the look of the car.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Flatline IS said:
I'm with you to an extent. Simple body kits are very nice and enhance the look of the IS300. Other, more aggressive body kits, don't make it look as good, and kinda cheapen the look of the car.

Hey Flatline what are some simple body kits? One I can think of is the RMM kit. What are some others?

I am going from my ArmsDesign to no kit with Hotchkis drop and now I also do want a simple body kit that will only enhance the look of the IS300.

oh and btw I had sent you a PM regarding a decal that can be made. You never responded and I just wanted to make sure you received. I understand you could of missed it because it was during the time you had put your 01 ASP up for sale?

thanks!

·
Registered
608 Posts
TRD front lip is nice
RMM front and side skirts are nice
L-Sportline front bumper is nice also

The rest turn a damn fine looking car into a 'lego toy' on wheels

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ltuned - Carson Kit is also a Nice classy look.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
i agree with you guys. the car looks greatest without a dramatic kit. Something simple or even NO kit at all with nice wheels and a sexy drop do it a whole lot.

·
Registered
589 Posts
CARSON TUNED bodykit.... that thing is SEXY. When I move outta NYC, I might get it.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i agree with the original statement. the only thing i would change on a stock is300 bumper is the corner lenses. if filled in, i probabyl wouldnt have gotten a kit. but it cost me the same amount for the lsportline kit, and my front bumper was already damaged badly, so it wasnt worth tryign to fix it. i have seen a couple is300's with the stock front and rear with the lenses filled(not just paint the lense) and it looks hot. really hot.

although i think the stock front and rear need nice sublte sideskirts to compliment the car. something that isnt too low, so it doesnt break the car's flow

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
I myself liked the suttleness of the RMM product. To bad they did not fit the greatest, but the finished product looked awesome, and smooth!

Smoooooooth:

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
lisnup65 said:
I myself liked the suttleness of the RMM product. To bad they did not fit the greatest, but the finished product looked awesome, and smooth!

hopefully this winter i can succesffully blend the rrm front lip with the lsportline front bumper, shits going to be hot

·
Registered
27 Posts
hidinginthelight said:
The L-tuned is classy. As soon as I saw it in person, had to have one for myself ;)

So where can you get L-tuned parts? I thought that they weren't made anymore or are you talkin used?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Marconi7 said:
So where can you get L-tuned parts? I thought that they weren't made anymore or are you talkin used?
Yes, looked everyday for 6 months and I found a used kit from a member who had bought it from Lexus. Keep checking around the net...someone just sold their L-tuned kit on eBay a couple days ago--they were located in Canada.

The kit looks great--it's repainted and have already installed the front bumper. I will try to post pics one of these days ;)

I just need the wheels, darn it. People at work come up to me and tell me everyday I need new tires. :pissed: Believe me, I know.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts