Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rather new here, but in the time I've been here I have noticed a few things that bug me about this site. One of those is non Lexus or IS300 owning members. Not their presence, but the way some of them treat the members of this site that do own the vehicle to which IS300.net is dedicated. I'm not going to name names (geoff) but I have noticed that some of these people are very beligerant. I don't think it has anything to do with "envy" of the IS300 or of Lexus in general, I just view it as what it is childish behavior. I think for the most part, TEG and webmaster do a good job moderating this site. However, I feel that they have actually been slightly too lenient on constantly disruptive members (again I won't name names.......geoff) that obviously have nothing to contribute. If I were in a position to do so, I would ban these members. They make this a very abrasive place to spend time. In fact, I wonder why they choose to spend their time on a site that is dedicated to a Lexus model when they don't like Lexus. Seems their time would be better spent elsewhere with people who share their preferences. This isn't meant to put down everyone who does not own an IS300, I do not either. I feel that some non owners such as EricK are plesant to talk to and are positive contributors. I am simply stating what I think of people that spend all of their time here posting stupid crap that eats up bandwidth, insulting the vehicle that this site is about, and insulting the members that own them. My suggestion to the powers that be here? Dont take any sh!t from these guys, and when they get nasty again ban them so we can all enjoy the site. You all have worked hard to build this site up into something that you can be proud of, don't let the lifeless idiots take that from you.

Thank You all for listening and please post comments.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Perfectly Stated!!!!!!!!!!
My Feelings Exactly Especially:
I wonder why they choose to spend their time on a site that is dedicated to a Lexus model when they don't like Lexus. Seems their time would be better spent elsewhere with people who share their preferences.

Good Question.

Smra.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
*sigh* if only I could find the anti-IS300 website of my dreams...untill then I guess i'll stick around here and annoy you all.

------------------
Is adult entertainment killing our children? Or is Killing our children entertaining adults?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by QuikVR6:
*sigh* if only I could find the anti-IS300 website of my dreams...untill then I guess i'll stick around here and annoy you all.

Wow, you need to get a life.

See what I mean, he needs to be banned.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Stephen ..do you cry this much when you don't like something? ....whaaaaaa

------------------
Is adult entertainment killing our children? Or is Killing our children entertaining adults?

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Thanks for the complement Stephen... Your post is well taken. (except for a few people I'm sure
)
Eric....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Qwik, Shut up kid, you're just a loser with nothing better to do than harass people on the Internet, pathetic.

Eric, No problem its the truth. I've never seen you post anything inflammatory.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well I'm not sure why those others are here, except maybe they get a kick out of it. I'm here because I'll probably end up buying an IS after I buy my house. Thus, I'd like to get as much info/input on the car.

Rick Kim

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick, and there isn't anything wrong with that. Its the people like Qwik that are just here to harass people that piss me off. I feel we should do them a service and ban them from this site, then maybe they can make some friends or something.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Stephen is one of the many reasons I remain on this board.

------------------

·
Registered
666 Posts
Notice most of the guys getting moderated are non owning IS300 trolls that live to only insult people here. Then they have the nerve to complain about the level of moderation on them.....Hello...it's an IS300 site!

If you don't like the amount of moderation on you...too bad you cumm sucking daffodils.
Complain all you want, but it will get you no where.

To the Erics and clams and other good non owning IS300 posters...you guys are cool and I'm sorry we have to deal with such idiots.

[This message has been edited by wazzup (edited November 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
man, quik is an annoying dumbf*k that doesn't know his sh*t.......soryr about the language but people like him really get on my nerves. VW owners...

·
Registered
343 Posts
It'd be cool if there was an ignore feature like the Yahoo message boards have.. then we wouldn't have to listen to the crap that spews from the mouths of dumbasses like VR6..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Qwik, Well enjoy it while you're here because I'm going to do my damndest to get you banned, asshole.

[From TEG: Threats and language like that could get you banned too if webmaster ever decides to start banning users...]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited November 03, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
As much of a life as I lack (which is clearly evident by my being on this board)...It's funny to me that I actually anger people with my opinions. All I am to you people is words on a screen. How can I possibly manage to drive anger out of you?

Booooo-FUC*ING-hooooo!

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I like everyone to be happy, but more importantly I like to not have to babysit the forum. For the most part, everyone behaves nicely and there is good (even off-topic) discussion. But yet, there are people like geoff and quikvr6 who, for whatever reason, waste their time here. The majority of their posts are unacceptable. And I can even tolerate mrclam most of the time.

Having said that, I'm not about to ban or delete any accounts, but I will say that if we continue to have issues with certain posters (they know who they are). I will ban their username/email/ip and continue to do so until they give up.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
666 Posts
Stephen you'll never be able to ban them as they could just keep opening other accounts.

About the only thing you can do is show to everyone else what kind idiots they are.

Only reason these people are like this is just because they can hide behind their computers and poke fun at people without being there in the flesh.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tony, I've been online for about 2 years now, and have been looking around at all the Automotive sites and bulletin boards that people have to offer. Trust me, I have seen more than one great site brought down because of a few nolives that want to ruin it for everyone else. People like Qwik are nothing more than prepubescent jackoffs. You can't deal with them, you have to drop them. All they do is ruin your site, and thats a damn shame.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
As much as I've been on this site expressing my opinions..I don't recall insulting anyone..

Originally posted by Stephen:
... People like Qwik are nothing more than prepubescent jackoffs. You can't deal with them, you have to drop them. All they do is ruin your site, and thats a damn shame.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
About this Discussion
47 Replies
14 Participants
Stephen
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing