Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like flatline's but a real one designed for side impact/roll over... any body know any manuf?

i prefer only a rear cage so the fron visors will still work, and the driver/front passenger can get in/out ok.

help?

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Solo's cage had to be modified. I am throwing in a full cage in my car in the spring. If you want i can get the guy who is going to do it, give me a pricing on the cage just for the rear. This is a real chromoly cage, so its probably going to be more expensive than flatline's cage.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
My carbon cage actually does work, as far as stiffening up the body goes. For rolling function, it is not recommended for race use, and will not pass race inspection. Mine is made by DG Motorsports. Call them for further details. They might be able to make you one that is not carbon, and will work.

If you go with a full cage, be ready to also terminate the use of your glove box. That is what turned me to a half cage.

As far as other cages out there, I think Cusco makes one.

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Flatline IS said:
My carbon cage actually does work, as far as stiffening up the body goes. For rolling function, it is not recommended for race use, and will not pass race inspection. Mine is made by DG Motorsports. Call them for further details. They might be able to make you one that is not carbon, and will work.

If you go with a full cage, be ready to also terminate the use of your glove box. That is what turned me to a half cage.

In my case, my glovebox is no long functionable, i have integrated my PS2 there.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Flatline IS said:

i e-mailed dg yesterday, no reply yet. will keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
hmmmmmm!!!

i kno who makes a 4 point for the is300 :) well altezza

pm me if you are serious only and understand it is close to 690$ shipped

David

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Cage

Do you have any pictures I can look at? I'm bout to do a full cage, but the price you gave was pretty decent and affordable. Let me know

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Eminence, with a full cage you will not be able to open the glove box, so think about relocating the PS2 before you cage it.

As far as weight goes, mine is super light... maybe 25lbs. or so...

A full steel cage prolly weighs in around 75lbs.

Not sure of what pics i have in my sig as far as the DG cage goes, but that might give you an idea of what it would look like. My back seats are still fully functional too.

·
Twisties Addict
12,063 Posts
Flatline IS said:
Eminence, with a full cage you will not be able to open the glove box, so think about relocating the PS2 before you cage it.

Not sure of what pics i have in my sig as far as the DG cage goes, but that might give you an idea of what it would look like. My back seats are still fully functional too.
see man 75ibs is a shit load of weight to add to your car.

thats the downside of it to me....you would have to lose the rear seats to make up for the weight gained! :crazy:

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
Flatline IS said:

my PS2 face sticks out through the glove compartment, like Unvme

I've seen your cage, i personally like it, but the price for it is kind of an arm and a leg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts