Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a phone that has really good messaging capabilites, and I found the 8265. I'm pretty partial to Nokia phones, but yall can recommend something else.

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/8265

It looks pretty good. It's pretty small and light as well. (And don't forget, it looks cool too). :wink:

The 8390 looks good as well. It has pretty much everything, but maybe a little more than I'd ever use.

http://www.nokiausa.com/phones/8390

Later,

Chris
:chill:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Motorola just released the v120e...pretty nice.

I saw it last night, it has capabilities for everything...Datebook, Phone book, SMS messaging, Games, Custom ringtones, and a GPS capability.

Only $49.99 at Verizon....

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm sure this deal is very well know, but just in case you don't care about a new contract or changing of number, you can always go the Amazon.Com route. I ,myself got 2 new Samsung S105 which has MMS&SMS.

But AT&T has 8265 free after rebate
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/301300/ref=w_zr_pho_fb_nok/002-7707360-2419258

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/548156/ref=w_zr_pho_fb_voi/002-7707360-2419258
Right now TMobile has all the good phones on sale (with contract),
T68i,V66,V60, moto T20i, S105, etc. . .

Alot of people complain about new contract or changing numbers, but you are really getting a nice phone. I was already done with my old contract by like 4months, and loosing my number wasn't a biggie. So Amazon fit my situation perfectly.

But if you just want info on new phones, check: http://threegmobile.net/

if you already know about amazon, just omit message above.

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
The new Nokia 7210 should be avaliable by US carriers either this month or next month. Its Nokia's first colored phone and it seems be a nice one...more trendy then a buisness phone.

·
13,978 Posts
Chan said:
The new Nokia 7210 should be avaliable by US carriers either this month or next month. Its Nokia's first colored phone and it seems be a nice one...more trendy then a buisness phone.
coming out dec 16th from tmobile...from what i heard.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I have looked at the 7120 and it's pretty cool, especially the colored screen. Plus, my current service provider is T-Mobile. :)

One last question. Is it true that some companies will provide service only to certain phones and not others? Or can you just bring them any phone on the market and get service?

·
Registered
8,552 Posts
T Man said:
Thanks guys. I have looked at the 7120 and it's pretty cool, especially the colored screen. Plus, my current service provider is T-Mobile. :)

One last question. Is it true that some companies will provide service only to certain phones and not others? Or can you just bring them any phone on the market and get service?
The nice thing about T-Mobile, AT&T GSM, and Cingular is that they're GSM. And with GSM you use sim cards, just pop the sim card into any unlocked GSM phone and it should work.

·
13,978 Posts
Chan said:
T Man said:

The nice thing about T-Mobile, AT&T GSM, and Cingular is that they're GSM. And with GSM you use sim cards, just pop the sim card into any unlocked GSM phone and it should work.
cingular is ONLY GSM on the west coast and in north and south carolina. be aware of that.

·
Registered
241 Posts
oneeyejack said:
Chan said:
T Man said:

cingular is ONLY GSM on the west coast and in north and south carolina. be aware of that.
are you sure? i'm in seattle and i use at&t gsm...

·
13,978 Posts
bsl127 said:
oneeyejack said:
Chan said:
T Man said:

are you sure? i'm in seattle and i use at&t gsm...
my gosh i swear some people don't know how to read. i said C-I-N-G-U-L-A-R!!!! i never said they were the ONLY ones to have GSM coverage. i just said their GSM coverage is limited. when did i ever say anything about at&t????

·
13,978 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
9 Participants
D'sIS
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing