Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my is350 sport package for 5 months now. I have got the dunlop tires on it, the ones which came with the car. I think I will go insane with the tire noise! Over 80 km/h its just nuts! Unacceptable! Have any of you experienced a similar problem?
I tested the premium package, but bought the sport package because it came with a sunroof and 18 wheels etc. They did not have one with sport package as a demo. Mistake! They told me at the dealership that there is no big difference between the too in terms of driving comfort. Well, there seems to be, and its huge! I feel everything on the road. Absolutely everything. I like the car though, but some things are just unacceptable. On highway its like a freight truck!

·
Registered
14,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I don't have the sport package but I had the Dunlops and they were kinda noisy. I put on Continental Extreme Contact all seasons and they are really quiet at interstate speeds.
I agree with Barty, if you want less noise with out sacrificing much performance then Continentals are the way to go. Dunlops are generally very loud.

I use to drive a MB E55 (469hp) and I ran it on Continental Conticontact 2. Very quiet and they grip very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts