Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My wife just bought an auto transmission IS. I drove it for the first time and heard a gargling noise whenever I'm coming from a stop and I start to move forward. It lasts about 3 to 5 seconds. It sounds like gurgling water or trickling water from the engine bay, pssenger side. I got concerned but her cousins who also drives auto IS 300's said they heard the noise as well.

Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
DO a search, this noise has been discussed many times before.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
BossMan said:
DO a search, this noise has been discussed many times before.
Why do people give this cold response??? A guy is asking for help... help him... or don't say anything at all.

Why don't you just take a moment and find a thread about the topic he is asking about... since you are obviously aware of them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See that's just the thing, I don't know what search topics I can put this on. I tried transmission noise and the threads were about trannys breaking down. I tried engine noise but it gave me all the threads that had engine noise on them.

Please help out!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
csclek31 said:
Hello,

My wife just bought an auto transmission IS. I drove it for the first time and heard a gargling noise whenever I'm coming from a stop and I start to move forward. It lasts about 3 to 5 seconds. It sounds like gurgling water or trickling water from the engine bay, pssenger side. I got concerned but her cousins who also drives auto IS 300's said they heard the noise as well.

Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks!
Does this noise happen every time you stop and move again? Or are you talking about the first few seconds driving after you've parked the car?

·
Registered
445 Posts
yea i have recently had the same problem too. I just had my tranny replaced at 69.5k miles and the gargling noise has been coming up. at first i thought it was the ac or something, but it is definitely coming from the center dash of the car. it gurgles when i accelerate for the first 2-4 seconds and goes away. it doesnt happen all the time, just randomly. and when it happens, it usually does several times in a row.. like stop and go traffic. anyone else have any idea what it might be? i mean i just had my tranny replaced by lexus under warranty.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
It is actually coming from the passenger side,that is where the A/C blower is located the gargaling noise you guys hear is the little bit of water that the A/C uses to recycle the air.I highly dout it's the transmission.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Crester said:
Why do people give this cold response??? A guy is asking for help... help him... or don't say anything at all.

Why don't you just take a moment and find a thread about the topic he is asking about... since you are obviously aware of them.

I am informing him that the problem is known and others have experienced it. I don't remember the specifics of the actual problem (its something related to the AC or heater core) So by telling him to do a search, he can find his answer right away rather than wait for people to respond to his question.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=249911
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=226837
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=109206
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=205360

^^ Proof that the search works :)

Reactions: revster

·
Registered
403 Posts
csclek31 said:
See that's just the thing, I don't know what search topics I can put this on. I tried transmission noise and the threads were about trannys breaking down. I tried engine noise but it gave me all the threads that had engine noise on them.

Please help out!
You said "gurgling" in your original post, yet you didn't search for it. :p

+rep to BossMan for showing how its done.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts