Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've searched this site and google, and haven't found any answers to a sound I'm getting in my 2002 Manual, only mods are springs, BRZ Diff, and HKS exhaust. Consistently right at 3K RPMs and on, I am getting a very faint sound that appears to be coming from behind the drivers side dash or maybe engine bay. Best way I can describe is that it sounds like a noisy computer when it's processing. It doesn't sound like a typical dash rattle, although you could describe it as a faint rattle. Any thoughts? My mechanic said he wouldn't be able to figure it out unless it gets louder.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So oddly enough, yesterday I was able to free rev, and heard the noise come in at 4K. Today I tried to free rev, and couldn't detect the noise. So I would say that it is more consistent, and comes in at a lower RPM when driving.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi all, I've searched this site and google, and haven't found any answers to a sound I'm getting in my 2002 Manual, only mods are springs, BRZ Diff, and HKS exhaust. Consistently right at 3K RPMs and on, I am getting a very faint sound that appears to be coming from behind the drivers side dash or maybe engine bay. Best way I can describe is that it sounds like a noisy computer when it's processing. It doesn't sound like a typical dash rattle, although you could describe it as a faint rattle. Any thoughts? My mechanic said he wouldn't be able to figure it out unless it gets louder.
I know the exact noise you speak of. Between 3k and 4k. I mostly hear it when accelerating. Mines sounds like a faint knock behind engine/dash. People say its detonation or the heat shield. I never was bothered to diagnose it.

I'm also fully stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts