Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I understand that the vehicle was just released, etc. However of the 8 IS250's the local dealer had in stock, not one of them had the luxury package.

Anyone else feel that the HID's should either be standard or be offered as a stand alone factory option? It's seems that there is boat load of other features that are standard and yet no Xenon's unless you get Luxury or Sport option package.

Also, the Luxury option package adds a lot of crap that I don't want. How easy or hard would it be to add Xenon's, whether they are OEM or aftermarket to the new IS?

Ideally, I would like to get a IS250 RWD in auto, with premium package only and HID's, but looks like that is not an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,929 Posts
I guess it should be standard. I'm pretty sure they were standard on the IS300 as I have never seen an IS300 without HIDs. I wish my 300 had projector lenses like the new ones do though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,529 Posts
I do think HIDs should be standard. They were standard on the first IS, so doesn't it make sense that the more luxurious model has them standard?

About adding Xenons, as I have not test driven a new IS to look at it, I'm not sure how easy it would be. Meybe some of the people that have driven a 350 can help you out on that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,025 Posts
IS300s has standards HIDS for certain. That sucks how they make it an option now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
The HID's should be standard on the new is's. They really Focked that one up.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Actually for the 2000 models (early 01') first allocations were not all xenon HID lights...some even had cloth seats and 16 each ugly rims!!!

I guess it's for cost saving reasons and ease of sale...most customers will buy whats on the lot and not know what they exactly want!!!

Don.
 

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
Joined
·
5,285 Posts
Don-Corleone said:
Actually for the 2000 models (early 01') first allocations were not all xenon HID lights...some even had cloth seats and 16 each ugly rims!!!

I guess it's for cost saving reasons and ease of sale...most customers will buy whats on the lot and not know what they exactly want!!!

Don.
Umm, sorry your wrong.... :blush:

There is NO such IS300 with OUT HID's.. All US Models had the HID as a Standard feature...Even the 17" Rims where Standard .

I will a agree there were some offered with cloth seats and NO Sunroof & 16" Optional Wheels... But, this was mainly for the snowy regions...

Thanks
Joe :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
I wish I coulda got a car with no sun roof. The only time I open it is when I clean and dress the rubber gaskets and stuff.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,752 Posts
Joe Z said:
Umm, sorry your wrong.... :blush:

There is NO such IS300 with OUT HID's.. All US Models had the HID as a Standard feature...Even the 17" Rims where Standard .

I will a agree there were some offered with cloth seats and NO Sunroof & 16" Optional Wheels... But, this was mainly for the snowy regions...

Thanks
Joe :)
Ummm sorry ur are wrong ;)...there was 2 greens on black early phase 01' in Gainesville Florida with non xenon headlights and 16"rims...may have been from Canada but had US plates.

They were very few of them...mainly came in the 10 first shipment/allocation for up north!!!! One was even offerd for sale to me but I declined as I had to special order mine on April 1st 2000 for full option, Mica blue and sunroof/heated seats!

I am sure Joaquin knows about it :)!!!

Don.

But
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,315 Posts
Just got back from the JM Lexus Launch party. Yeap, all of the cars in display did not have HID's.

To top it all off, there are no IS350's with the sport package available. He looked at his current allocation, and what is coming in. According to the sales guy, none are schedule to come in a long while. He said if I wanted one I would need to special order, kinda sucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Yes, they don't have it available right now no matter the IS250 or the IS350.
But anyways I got my aftermarket HID 6000K kit installed today and it looks great. hehe :)
Now its time to figure out how to turn off the STUPID Daytime Running Light. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
terenshi said:
Yes, they don't have it available right now no matter the IS250 or the IS350.
But anyways I got my aftermarket HID 6000K kit installed today and it looks great. hehe :)
Now its time to figure out how to turn off the STUPID Daytime Running Light. ;)
That's great, what kit and who installed? Something your average IS owner can do or more involved? About the most I do for my vehicle by myself is the oil change, rotate tires and and the tranny fluid, but I know nada about electrical.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,080 Posts
N1! said:
Ok, I understand that the vehicle was just released, etc. However of the 8 IS250's the local dealer had in stock, not one of them had the luxury package.

Anyone else feel that the HID's should either be standard or be offered as a stand alone factory option? It's seems that there is boat load of other features that are standard and yet no Xenon's unless you get Luxury or Sport option package.

Also, the Luxury option package adds a lot of crap that I don't want. How easy or hard would it be to add Xenon's, whether they are OEM or aftermarket to the new IS?

Ideally, I would like to get a IS250 RWD in auto, with premium package only and HID's, but looks like that is not an option.

a car that costs at least $35k should have that as a standard equipment especially if it is considered a "luxury" car. and i don't care if it's an entry level luxury car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
n2knee said:
a car that costs at least $35k should have that as a standard equipment especially if it is considered a "luxury" car. and i don't care if it's an entry level luxury car.
Werd, my stupid $29K 05 350Z which I sold last Feb, had Xenons standard. Even my '06 STI, MSRP is $33,600 has Xenon's standard.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
terenshi said:
Yes, they don't have it available right now no matter the IS250 or the IS350.
But anyways I got my aftermarket HID 6000K kit installed today and it looks great. hehe :)
Now its time to figure out how to turn off the STUPID Daytime Running Light. ;)
What bulbs? Are they 9006?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
N1! said:
That's great, what kit and who installed? Something your average IS owner can do or more involved? About the most I do for my vehicle by myself is the oil change, rotate tires and and the tranny fluid, but I know nada about electrical.
I use the Philips ballasts and the 6000K Xeon bulbs. It took me 1.5-2 hrs to installed the whole kit. Its pretty easy to connect the harness actually. The hardest part is to get the bulbs out from the housing. There is almost no space for my hand :blush: to get inside the housing to take out the bulb. So I hv to remove the engine cover and everything that cover the housing.
So if you have a big hand, you better take off the bumper. :confused:
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top