Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This aftermarket radio was installed before I bought the car and has worked fine for 2 months now.Two nights ago as I was parking the car the sound cut off on the radio. I messed with it for a min with no luck and just got out and brushed it off. It hasn't worked since then. I have checked the fuse in the driver side kick panel (#17) and the engine bay (#38) and found that both were good. The radio powers up and the screen and whatnot works fine. There is just no volume at all from the speakers. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
183 Posts
from past experiences if any wires may of been exposed from shotty installation and touched another exposed wire this may be your problem and may need another headunit...this happened to me once in my honduh stereo shop didnt do a good job and no sound ever came out...waste of an in dash:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Do you have aftermarket or OEM speakers? The previous owner may have used a metra harness to use the factory amp + OEM speakres. From what I've read in the past, the metra kit has a tendency to fail = no sound.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come to think of it the PO said that he just replaced some piece tha tcaused no sound to come from the radio. It has a white plug on both ends and is a circuit board about the size of a credit card. Any idea what it is? I may have to snap a pic and post it up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
ive seen it happen on cars where the amp has gone on the headunit and not supplying sound to the speakers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.