Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Okay so I found more time to pay attention to this issue. I removed the glove box. I've been reading a handful of threads on how to get to the amp that's Behind the glove box but none of them clearly explain how to get to it. I can see the harness but I don't see the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Okay so I found more time to pay attention to this issue. I removed the glove box. I've been reading a handful of threads on how to get to the amp that's Behind the glove box but none of them clearly explain how to get to it. I can see the harness but I don't see the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
The oem amp is to the right and i believe there are 2 bolts that mount it. Here is where is would sit..

And what it looks like(mounted vertically)..

If that didn't fully answer your question, this thread goes into alittle more detail. Hope this helps.
http://my.is/forums/f103/how-do-i-remove-factory-amp-227795/

·
Registered
401 Posts
HOLY HELL, what's with the wire nuts? Those are for home use with solid wires.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
HOLY HELL, what's with the wire nuts? Those are for home use with solid wires.
I knew someone would comment on that. It's where my amp output splices into the factory wiring to feed the speakers. Yes i know, solder and heat shrink or crimps is the way to go blah blah..
It's been that way for almost a decade lol.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey i did the amp bypass on my 05 Sportcross, i clipped my wires and then wired them back together and it worked good for a while but then my car sat for a bit, jumped it, the radio started up fine but sound was just high pitch noise. I eventually got it to work pressing random things on the head unit ha, but now my car sat again and this time when i jumped it up i cant get my headunit to make any sound but a high pitch noise, it still turns on, lights up, works fine as a head unit just no sound... I've tried posting for help on here before but kno one seemed to have any idea what i was talking about so I'm so glad i found u and this old ass post you posted in ha i hope you're still around these parts and can help me out!! Thank you so much man take it easy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I FINALLY FOUND AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.So I just did a test that few kept insisting that the Amp is wet or is moist. and frankly you were absolutely right. If you have the same exact symptoms as I do. place your car in the garage . turn it off. then open the trunk and use a hair dryer and dry out the Amp (located on the right side of the trunk under the plastic piece.Dry it Even if you don't see water there . do that for few minutes then try and turn on your radio on. This solution worked right the way for me. so its moisture sometime and not water. in my case i think there might be a tiny water leak. does anyone know where water might be coming from? any links to rain drainage hose diagrams?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your amplifier may have gone into PROTECTION MODE. It resets after turning engine off. Turn engine back and If no sound still after a couple pops in the speaker then amp went to its PROTECTION MODE again due to bad speakers or wiring or adding more non factory speakers....
Moisture will cause problems too; like shorting the wiring for the speakers then amp will go into protection mode by shutting off the amp unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guy I have a 01 is and I put adouble din in and did a bypass it was working fine for a week or so then one night on the free way my sound just cut of and never came back my wires are tight and connected I replaced the fuse 1 and fuse2 and the fuse on the head unit still nothing so I got anew head unit and still no sound I'm totally lost at this point

21 - 30 of 30 Posts