Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My REAR speakers DO NOT have BASS... but the high tone frequency stuff plays.

If i Fade the sound to the back speakers, there is sound, but NO BASS....

The FRONT speakers are OKAY. Both BASS and High Tone is present.

What is wrong??? what should i DO????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it have to be the stock amp? or can it be aftermarket????

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
it can be aftermarket if you are going to replace the all the speakers and get LLCs or stock amp mod

it is much easier for you to find a stock amp in the member buy/trade area. A stock amp goes around for 30 bucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found some online

found some online...

can anyone give me install help???

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
The stock amp is located in the front on the passenger side.

Completely remove the glovebox. There is pins under it and just push them together to make them come off.

Now let's pretend you are facing directly infront. The stock amp is located to the right of you, inches from the chasis. It is being held on by 2 bolts. When you remove the bolts, make sure you unclip the 2 wiring harnesses.

The stock amp is tough to get out so you have to wiggle and be careful not to scratch you or the car.

edit: These exact questions have been posted before, but because you're new I'll just tell you to search around the site before posting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to find it on the forum, having some trouble. New to this whole Forum thing.

But, will my stereo get locked if I change the AMP?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My REAR speakers DO NOT have BASS... but the high tone frequency stuff plays.

If i Fade the sound to the back speakers, there is sound, but NO BASS....

The FRONT speakers are OKAY. Both BASS and High Tone is present.

What is wrong??? what should i DO????
LEAVE YOUR STOCK AMP ALONE it's TYTO-01( if u used one but it looks like u did 'cause i had absolutely same problem) just turn the little regulator on your tyto 01 up and u'll have your bass back

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
TYTO-01 is a metra harness, often used when using an aftermarket head unit while retaining usage of the stock amp + stock speakers.

If the op is using the stock head unit, then for sure it is not an issue with the TYTO-01.

Also, when you said you found the amp online, are you sure you found the correct one? It has to be specifically for your car as our amp's requirement is not standard.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
LEAVE YOUR STOCK AMP ALONE it's TYTO-01( if u used one but it looks like u did 'cause i had absolutely same problem) just turn the little regulator on your tyto 01 up and u'll have your bass back
I've been on this forum for a while and I know what is wrong with his system. I had the same exact problem which is very common.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts