Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today i was driving my car today and went into third really hard and my tranny pop and make a bunch of grinding noise if i let out the clutch so its gone. but does anyone have and w55 or anything that i can get by with till i get my v160. casue this is my everyday driver.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Call one of the big IS tuners.... I'm sure they have a shed full or at least know where to grab one cheap....

·
Virgin Magnet
8,768 Posts
you can pick up w58's for next to nothing, those bolt right up too, it's a little stronger..

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
i have a w58 in the garage with a w55 bellhousing and tailhousing already attached. ready to go. 550 and its yours.

im local too.. duluth, ga

Reactions: somguy2u

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i just got a w58 from my freind out of his supra for 150. i jsut have to switcch the bellhousing and the tailshaft. and i was wondering is it easy to switch the tailshaft.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a w58 in the garage with a w55 bellhousing and tailhousing already attached. ready to go. 550 and its yours.

im local too.. duluth, ga

and i heard about you. you go to the bp meets dont you. do u go to the varsity meets ill be goin this thruday if i get my tranny in by then witch i should have it in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,829 Posts
and i heard about you. you go to the bp meets dont you. do u go to the varsity meets ill be goin this thruday if i get my tranny in by then witch i should have it in tomorrow.
shouldn't be too hard.. just remember how to put everything back the way it came out.

as for the bp meets.. only been out a few times in the last year and i doubt i'll be at the V. its winter lol. plus my car is down too.. been down... and i don't like going out much w/o it.. :(

how much power are you making? if you break that w58.. i'd let mine go for 450.. only has 90k on it. no grinds

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
^Dan, I still want the w58. ;) Things have just been crazy here...need to sell off a garage full of parts.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I have a w55 available now if your want it. I'm about 2hours away and will be in the ATL tomorrow. PM me

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I which i can meet the guy that chose to put the W55 in the IS300 so i can kick him in the nuts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts