Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know. It's been over and over again in previous threads, but all I see are the same wheels:

ADR Kasai's
Axis Muse

Well I've looked at both manufactures and it appears neither sell them anymore. Others are saying to save for the real Advans. I'm a high school student and it's not really a feasible option, so I have no choice but to go knockoffs. At least I picked a nice rim style though.

But please, if anyone knows a knockoff that is in production still that are 18"s and 5x114.3, please inform me. +rep to anyone who does.

(Also, the Kasai's, is it true they don't fit our car or do they? I read in a post the don't, but it was only 1 post).

Thanks,

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jamesdean17 said:
what about exel ennios? can get them (18x8) from wheelmax with toyo proxes 4 tires for $1100 shipped.
I've heard a lot of negative things about the quality of Exel. Make no mistake, I don't expect the quality of $2,500 rims paying $1,000, but I do expect them to hold up. My dad has ADR's on his car and they've been outstanding actually, so if I could find the Kasai's I'd love to get those. But I haven't found them really yet.

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
speedisprecious said:
I've heard a lot of negative things about the quality of Exel. Make no mistake, I don't expect the quality of $2,500 rims paying $1,000, but I do expect them to hold up.

sISp
I can totally understand your feeling there, exel obviously isn't the highest quality brand out there, but there are members around that are very happy with their exel rims. I think a lot of the dissatisfied buyers are partially that way because of poor service from wheelmax. Anyway, just thought i'd throw out the ennio suggestion. Like people have already suggested to you, either save for what you really want, or deal with the problems of what you can afford.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,905 Posts
I have ennios and me gustan mucho. I have had zero problems with balancing or bending. However, I have only had them on for like 2 months.

Also, I have heard that the real Advans also have a tendency to bend. I think it has to do with the style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,696 Posts
Try Rota... they are decent quality and they still carry Advan Model 5 replica...

www.subydude.com

They are a Subaru site but in the wheels section they also have other fitment for other cars...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
speedisprecious said:
That's it but they don't have it in 5x114.3 bolt pattern in silver (titanium) do they?

sISp

sorry, but you never stated silver (titanium). Be more specific and don't act like a dick when someones trying to help you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JDM IS300 TT said:
sorry, but you never stated silver (titanium). Be more specific and don't act like a dick when someones trying to help you.
Sorry for not specifying it. And I didn't mean to act/sound like a dick. But I do appreciate the help so +rep anyways.

Once again sorry.

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
YES!!! no more knockoffs!!!

some guy actually asked me if mine were ADR with different center caps....

.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the wrong tone said:
I have ennios and me gustan mucho. I have had zero problems with balancing or bending. However, I have only had them on for like 2 months.

Also, I have heard that the real Advans also have a tendency to bend. I think it has to do with the style.
Where'd you buy the Ennios?

sISp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,924 Posts
Also, I have heard that the real Advans also have a tendency to bend. I think it has to do with the style.
you drive any rim over potholes and youll get a bend...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Haha, considering the ennios now? can pick them up from wheelmax, i already suggested it up there ^^^

They are supposedly the only company that carries exel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
I bought mine from wheelmax and can recommend someone for you to order from there. He helped me out a lot and I've talked to him many times since the order. I love the Ennios and he can probably cut you a better deal than shows on the site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
xtaticconcepts said:
I bought mine from wheelmax and can recommend someone for you to order from there. He helped me out a lot and I've talked to him many times since the order. I love the Ennios and he can probably cut you a better deal than shows on the site.
Really? Wow. If you could tell me a name w/ a number via PM I'd be very appreciative. BTW, what specs did you get for your Ennios?

sISp
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top