Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
ah, I love E60s!!

I just wish...

they didn't use cheap leather(known problem with E60's, seats and steering wheel leather starts to deteriorate really fast, so take care of them!!)

Front sway bar component is made with hydraulic dampened unit...which also goes out and not under warranties.

iDrive is really annoying, so is the blinker switch, which never seems to stop!! LOL

other then that...RPi exhaust is got to be one of my Fav. mods on V8 E60s! they just sound amazing.

RPi - Race Precision, Inc.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ah, I love E60s!!

I just wish...

they didn't use cheap leather(known problem with E60's, seats and steering wheel leather starts to deteriorate really fast, so take care of them!!)

Front sway bar component is made with hydraulic dampened unit...which also goes out and not under warranties.

iDrive is really annoying, so is the blinker switch, which never seems to stop!! LOL

other then that...RPi exhaust is got to be one of my Fav. mods on V8 E60s! they just sound amazing.

RPi - Race Precision, Inc.
You may have seen the leatherette material. I haven't seem any leather wear out quickly on a bmw since having a few other models

Only sport models have the active roll stabilization, but yea I've seen those to bad and know a cheap and effective fix for them.

idrive has a learning curve and gets better with newer models.

Rpi has a great exhaust system, wish it wasn't so pricey for the minimal gains you get for them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
you don't put RPi exhaust on for power gains man..do it for the pure sound.

my god does BMW DOHC V8's purr with those exhaust.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
super nice man! love it

·
Registered
542 Posts
LAME!!!!!

Come on big spender, why didn't you hold out and get the newer generation of 550i with the twin turbo V8 (n63 or S63)?

360hp.... pffff could of had 400-550 STOCK.

HAHA jk dude! I love the 550i. There is a girl who lives near by who drives one and I always find myself staring (at her, and the car)! Enjoy the new ride!

·
Registered
611 Posts
why did you sell it? looked nice.
was going to ask what you missed about your IS compared to this.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
My bad, didn't realize the thread was that old...
lol it happens.
why did you sell it? looked nice.
was going to ask what you missed about your IS compared to this.
from a performance standpoint? nothing. i miss not having to do any maintenance. lol i liked the IS for what it was, but i went to a bigger car. When i went to the 550, i got an extra 150hp, more interior room and trunk space. I was originally gonna get a 535, but my friend was selling it at a steal to me. i ran across a bunch of unplanned maintenance earlier this year, so i fixed it all up and sold it.

I am now in a 2014 gs350 f sport.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts