Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long time of going back n forth about selling my IS... I sold it 3 weeks ago and picked up an 08 550i M-Sport..

A whole lot of improvement in power over the IS300, along with similar gas mileage...

I've already dropped it with KW Variant 3 coilovers. And Replaced every possible bulb with an LED.

Future plans are to get some new wheels, Hamann front lip, and a JL audio system. Since there isn't really too much I could do to add on hp, I'll probably keep it stock.
Since I own a tint shop, I'm gonna be wrapping my car in another color.. It's really a cross up of Frozen Grey or Matte White..

I kind of miss my lexus already, but this car is a whole lot more comfortable! haha

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn baller status right there lol Looks really clean for of a fan of the 3 series but yours
looks clean congrats.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn baller status right there lol Looks really clean for of a fan of the 3 series but yours
looks clean congrats.
Nice change of pace....

thanks guys.. I hated parting ways with my is300, but after 7 years I felt like i needed a bigger car and between this and the gs, i liked how much more quieter it was driving in the bmw and the options available for this car as far as dropping, low offsets and the oem m-sport aero. performance in this car isn't really too much of an issue since this thing already puts out 360hp, so going from my stock is to this is a huge improvement while getting the same gas mileage.. haha

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Congrats! Nice looking Bimmer man:approve: The drop looks good and you've already got plenty of stock power under the hood, probably night and day compared to the stock IS lol. Pics look good too, well done!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Man that's real nice upgrade, too bad you didn't keep in the family and picked up the GS. Really nice and classy car though.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man that's real nice upgrade, too bad you didn't keep in the family and picked up the GS. Really nice and classy car though.
Trust me, I looked long and hard for a GS, but couldn't find one I wanted. Also, after driving a 5 after the GS, the only other Lexus I would want would have been an LS460, but that was out of my price range for what options I wanted.

The GS was just cheap feeling in the inside compared to the 5 and overall it was more comfortable inside while still being able to take a corner without feeling like I was going to slip. Maybe if I wanted to put out money for the 4GS it would have been a different story, but even then they don't offer a v8 for it.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
help me get sponsored by twm performance!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150895547849192&set=a.10150877614119192.426039.131414399191&type=3[\url] click the link and like the picture. thanks!

·
Banned
70 Posts
That's a beautiful car. Was never a fan of the 5 series, but that's amazing. I definitely wouldn't miss the IS if I was driving that.

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks great especially that Silver. Is it an automatic or manual?
It's an auto.. Manuals after 08 are pretty hard to find in a v8.

lame.....lol

nice car Trung. Did you sell the IS locally?
yea, sold it locally to a friend of a friend.

I needed something bigger Darren... Suprised you're still on here. I only saw your post cuz someone replied on it.

Got some 20's on order, and a front lip after my car gets back from the body shop.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Wow...sweet ride Trung! Figured you would of had the IS430 up and going by now..i remember you were talking about it and thinking of doing it up too...anyways, you still own a shop?? if so, where?

lame.....lol

nice car Trung. Did you sell the IS locally?
Darren!!! How's it going man?? still lurking around i see...been a long time...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Congrats
Thats the plan ! - next car is to be German Engineering.
After seeing the newest 5, i just cant look at the older ones the same. But a 550 holds a good amount of respect. Enjoy

·
Banned
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow...sweet ride Trung! Figured you would of had the IS430 up and going by now..i remember you were talking about it and thinking of doing it up too...anyways, you still own a shop?? if so, where?
Yea, the IS430 project would take too long as I had the motor sitting for 4 years and did absolutely nothing with it. No time to get the project going and decided just to sell the car. If you know anyone who would like to have a free 3UZ-FE that they can rebuild, let me know. its taking space in my garage.

I still have a shop. It's called Tint Pros, in new brighton. if you know anyone who would like tint, hit me up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts