Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took over my daughter's 2003 IS300 which came with 4 codes and check engine light. Lots of friendly feedback after my introductory post - thanks to all for the warm welcome here. In the last couple weeks I have been chipping away at the issues with this car, and am down to only the Shift solenoid C code P0980. Since the car is in very good shape and running very smooth with the O2 sensors dealt with I figured it was worth it to splurge for the transmission solenoid.

The replacement of this solenoid does not look too onerous, so hopefully once the part arrives I will raise the car and change it out. I will let you guys know how it works out.

stay tuned....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The IS300 is running like a champ! I replaced 2 O2 sensors and a shift solenoid and have a beautiful running car! Thanks for all your help! Just a driver side power lock motor to replace and this 285000 km beauty is back to every thing working again.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Nice one. Solenoid is not too difficult if you have a bit of mechanical knowledge and an extra set of hands to hold everything in place which you tighten it all up again.

I still get comments on mine when people get in from their newer cars about how quiet and smooth it is compared to theirs. Not bad for a 21 year old car :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, driver side power door lock is replaced with genuine Aisin part. All done with repairs.

I also fitted a Kenwood double DIN stereo CD with Bluetooth. The factory speakers sound great.

A full engine tune-up / maintenance will be coming up soon: timing belt, water pump, plugs, wires and cam seals and valve cover gaskets and drive belt. Filling a cart at Rock Auto - it's just money:).
It looks like a big job, but not too bad if you know what you are in for. There are several good you Tube videos that I have watched and those really help I find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts