Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning I was doing about 70 km/h consistent with the traffic (good 6ft behind the car in front of me). When all of a sudden a steel (not plastic) hub cap comes flying off one of the cars in front of me and starts rolling in my direction. Cant switch lanes or slow down suddenly because of traffic. So I had no choice but to drive right into the rolling hub cap. I took down the plate of the guy in front of me but when I passed him it couldnt be him because he had allow rims. Must of been the guy beside him but I didnt get a chance to get his plate because I would miss the on ramp to the highway and I was running late for work. When I checked the front I found the fucking plastic bumper was craked in two places about 1" long. There is only a distance of about 1/4" seperating the two cracks so it looks like they will eventually join. I cant fucking believe it, no matter how hard you try to avoid damage to your car, it bites you right in the ass.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Damn that sux....Sorry to hear about your car. I agree with you as well, no matter how hard you try something will happen to your car.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its even wors than I thought. After taking a closer look I found that one of the plastic tabs that hold the front bumper in place (underneath the car) is also cracked. If it cracks completely that portion of the bumper will be unsupported. Is there any thing I can do to prevent the plastic tab from completely cracking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hubcap

Dude, I feel your pain. Well, almost. My IS got a good wack from a plastic hubcab...scratched the hood a bit...no cracks, though.
That sucks. :x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
Drunken_Style
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing