Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my Lexus dealer today and I talked to a salesman who said that when the first batch comes, they will all be 250s. Are any other people's dealers confirming this?

This was at Lexus of Sarasota today.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Lexus dealerships in Phoenix area has the 350's. well they are not for sale right now as we speak. but they had a gang of them at the Superstition Springs Lexus.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
AltezzaBob said:
Lexus dealerships in Phoenix area has the 350's.
that likely means the WEST COAST dealerships will get them before the EAST COAST ones do..

makes perfect sense...

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i guess so. they come into the west coast from japan. seems kind of wierd that they wouldn't stock them though so all major markets could get all models at the same time.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
KraxyKanuck said:
yeah, i guess so. they come into the west coast from japan. seems kind of wierd that they wouldn't stock them though so all major markets could get all models at the same time.
That would make too much sense.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, they pushed back the release date of the RX400h so that they would have lots of them to avoid the lack of supply they had with the other hybrids, which made sense. They should/could have done that with the 350.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just got a call from my local dealer, that they got in an IS 250 (even though I'm waiting for a 350), so went over to take a look.

It was very nice. I think it had the LT package w/nav and 18's (Michelin Pilots). The leather seats are like butter. The nav is awesome, the screen is incredible. The gauges have a really cool startup sequence. I even had a chance to play with the Bluetooth, pretty easy to setup.

I looked at ther alloc sheets (they're getting about 30 in the first batch). I couldn't figure out the codes (they use different ones than posted on the forum), but had a mix of 350's, 250's and AWD's.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, my dealer said they were getting about 25 for the first batch. The whole Lexus marketing strategy seems really wierd for the IS. Not any, or many 350s for the eastern US, virtually no printed material. I was given a reprint of the Autoweek article when I asked for info on the new IS. I sat in the new GS while I was there and it is simply a nicer car in person than in pictures. I never liked the center stack in the pictures (One of my gripes about the new IS) but I actually liked it in the showroom. For me, the only appeal of the new IS is the 300 hp engine. If I were to get a different car, I'd probably get a G35 or TL and not a new IS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts