Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on replacing my blower motor because it hums every time the car starts. Apparently the cabin filter was so dirty that it caused it to work too hard and has either failed or will completely fail very soon (info from the internet). Does a bad blower motor (labeled: CONTROL, BLOWER MOTOR) result in no heat? The fan and mode servo work just fine. I don't have cool air either but I blamed that on the fact that my car has been hit THREE TIMES, ALL HIT AND RUNS, AND ALL IN THE SAME SPOT (front driver side) so I assumed something up there had been damaged causing the AC to not work. My second question is; What about the temperature servo? Does it control the heat? Or does it just switch between hot and cold? Do I just need to replace my blower motor to find out if it fixes the heat or does the blower motor not control the heat? I know very little about cars so thanks in advance.

·
3,350 Posts
The blower is just the fan. If it blows air it works. The air blend servo is for hot & cold. The mode servo moves it to the vents, floor, etc. The fresh air servo does recalculation vs fresh. Make sure fuses are good, Check R134 level with a gauge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The blower is just the fan. If it blows air it works. The air blend servo is for hot & cold. The mode servo moves it to the vents, floor, etc. The fresh air servo does recalculation vs fresh. Make sure fuses are good, Check R134 level with a gauge.
Thank you. Could the humming be from the air blend servo then? Since it's blowing air?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
854 Posts
Humming could be the blower motor working too hard or bearing is bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts