Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn I got 2 in one week....damn pigs didn't even give me a chance to put the damn thing on...anyone else????

i really do not want to drill the holes in the bumper...any suggestions on how to stick it on temporarily????i'm thinking double sided tape

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
there is a chance that will tear the paint, take some zip ties and tie it to the mesh grill, just make sure it can't swing around and scratch something, basically that it is secure. then you can take some dykes and clip the zip ties and take off the plate.

Originally posted by bolo:
Damn I got 2 in one week....damn pigs didn't even give me a chance to put the damn thing on...anyone else????

i really do not want to drill the holes in the bumper...any suggestions on how to stick it on temporarily????i'm thinking double sided tape

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Dont know how things work out in Cali, but cant you buy those little suction cup things and stick the plate to the inside of your windsheild? Thats what I plan to do when I get caught

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I took in my car after getting a ticket, the officer asked me "does it use two bolts?"

What I did was make a bracket that attaches to the lower grill and bolts into the two lower holes on the plate. I put a little badding on the plate so it wouldn't scratch the paint. The only downside is that it's hard to get the plate off. I got pulled over 5 times before I got my plate/tint fixed, so I'm thinking I'll just leave it on for now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by blueIS:
funny how i never got a ticket... i didnt have front plates for 5 months now...
knock on wood!!!!!

i had the car a year before i got the 2 i got in a week

f**k the POLICE!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Actually here is what you do. Go to a Honda dealership and ask for the front license plate frame for a new Accord Coupe. They are L shaped frames and they screw under where the air dam is (meaning the screws point up in the air and go in the mouth where you can't see them). The plate will look like it is screwed straight in the bumper from the front. This is good because if you put your car in a car show, you just unscrew it from the bottom, and nobody know that there are holes there!

·
Registered
104 Posts
any idea of how much that license plate holder costs? I'm not sure but that license plate holder looks flimsy, must be an old one that i've seen, but i'm not quite sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey bolo, where in L.A. did you get the ticket? i'll have to avoid that area
here in k-town, cops don't really make a u-turn and pull you over for just a tint/plate ticket.
but i'm thinking of getting a lexus plate frame and putting the front plates on. then i can only worry about my tints. but my front tints are only 50% and so far, even cops right beside me didn't stop me. i guess the limo tints on the rear makes the front look much lighter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by moderator:
hey bolo, where in L.A. did you get the ticket? i'll have to avoid that area
here in k-town, cops don't really make a u-turn and pull you over for just a tint/plate ticket.
but i'm thinking of getting a lexus plate frame and putting the front plates on. then i can only worry about my tints. but my front tints are only 50% and so far, even cops right beside me didn't stop me. i guess the limo tints on the rear makes the front look much lighter.
yes they do make u-turns just for front plate, cuz that's exactly what happened to me....right on Vermont and Eighth...the first time was on Vermont too!!!!...the cop passed me while i was waiting to make a left and pulled into the middle divider to wait for me...i should've just took off straight that time but he proly would've got me for illegal lane change or sumthing!!!!!

i have tints too but they didn't get me for that....

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: bolo ]

·
Registered
349 Posts
Got my “no front plate” $80 ticket couple of months ago. I’m planning on paying that and not worrying about drilling holes in my bumper. I got pulled over for 103, so he was trying to give me a ticket for everything possible. I think traffic cops rarely bother pulling people for just their license plates. Come on, it’s a non-moving violation! There is a bigger fish to catch out there.

Unless they’re really bored…

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by Gennady:
I think traffic cops rarely bother pulling people for just their license plates. Come on, it’s a non-moving violation! There is a bigger fish to catch out there.

Unless they’re really bored…

that's what i meant to say. like when i got pulled over at san diego, the only reason the fxxxing pig made a u-turn at a two lane street and caught up with me, passing several cars that was behind me, was he was probably fxxxing jealous that i has a girl in the car and she had her legs on top of the dash. of course, the pig didn't mention anything about that. fxxxing low life pigs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It seems to be a pet peeve of the police here in L.A. Last year I got a no front plate ticket on my Camry; from the ubiquitous parking enforcement in Fairfax/Melrose!

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh, one more thing.
last night, at a red light a pig was already there waiting for the green. i didn't bother to pull down my windows or change lanes to stay behind him. as i was slowing down right next to him, i notice the pig is staring at my car through his side rear view mirror. obviously, he should have noticed the missing front plate. then i notice the light turned green and slowly passed him. just to try my luck even more, i speed up a little and cut in front of him (using the blinkers of course) and made a right on the next block. BUT, he didn't even follow me.

so my point is, if you get pulled over for something like tint or plates, unless the pig was right next to you staring at your limo tints on the front, you did something wrong that ticked the pig off. probably, driving an IS is enough to make a pig jealous. but in my case, i like to just cruise around, not drive like crazy teenage kids (been there, done that
) and i had pigs right next to me SEVERAL times and i haven't got pulled over. so, although it's hard to do, drive safe and slow, kids.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts