Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
christ, after the sabercats game in san jose i was in traffic, and a cop had just pulled over an older accord, and then he looks at my car and walks over and tells me to roll down the window. he had the balls to ask me who's car this was. and then he gave me a stupid fix it ticket for no front license plate. what a jerk. btw, sabercats won 80-27.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I totally feal you on this one. If anyone from the bay area knows Fremont Cops are the worst. I'm from fremont and got the same ticket.
I just bought a GReddy exhuast and I'm scured to put it on because of them hassling anyone with import cars. DWA "Driving While Asian" as most peeps put it. My $.02

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
its a recent sweep in cali.... the PD`s here are installing cameras at stoplights to catch people who run red lights at intersections... these cameras indentify your car by the front plates and they cant catch you if you have no plates in the front so to enfore this theyre makin you put on your plates... wutta shame... anyway its been on the news and in the papers.... you should check it out....

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
bullsheet! 85$$ with proof of correction for my missing plate!!!! And the modified exhaust bull! I told the cop it was stock and he said he didnt care and that I can take it up with the courts!! At court I had stuffed steel wool 6 inches into my tanabe and then spray painted black into the tip, he made me rev it at 2,500 rpms for 15 seconds ???/ He finally said that next time, if it sounds modified or looks modified then i am screwed. He signed my ticket off.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
ig u havent already put on the plate..here a cool thing you can do
use those little binder rings that sell at like SAVON for like 3 bucks a 8 pack
u can use one ring clip on each side an attach it to the bottom bumper grill
it works REAL well and holds VERY Well
And even better, NO HOLES IN THE BUMPER!!!!!

=)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
ill try to post a pic in the clublexus.com gallery, cuz i cant do it here for some reason..just go to clublexus.com and look in the IS300 gallery section for a yellow IS300 with a blacked out plate...thats the pic..with the rings and NO BUMPER HOLES

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Originally posted by dpatterson069:
ill try to post a pic in the clublexus.com gallery, cuz i cant do it here for some reason..just go to clublexus.com and look in the IS300 gallery section for a yellow IS300 with a blacked out plate...thats the pic..with the rings and NO BUMPER HOLES
When it is attached like this does it Flap around (ie. how is the bottom fixed?) What size rings did you use? TIA

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
i dun know if it flaps around, but when u do use the rings, it is on pretty tightly..
i used 1 inch rings ( pretty sure)
u should also buy those sticky things that go on the bottom of tables and stuff that prevent scratches on the ground..that will help so the plate wont have a chance to scrape ur body..
i know that at 10mph..the plate will always be pushed back by the force..unless u brake REAL REAL hard, i dun think it is gonna fly forward...

HEY!! u go to UCLA!! my friend goes there..he has a silver BOXSTER and an ACRUA CL that is black with and EXHAUST..his name is eric.. you know him?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Originally posted by dpatterson069:

HEY!! u go to UCLA!! my friend goes there..he has a silver BOXSTER and an ACRUA CL that is black with and EXHAUST..his name is eric.. you know him?

Thanks for the info. I actually just graduated and about your friend eric...hmmm...with the multitude of nice cars in this area I may have seen his car in passing once.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In SF they take a picture of your car from all sides, frt, left, right, and rear. So even if you have no front plate they can still catch you running a red light with the rear photo.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Same problem in DC can't park my f**king car because I don't have a front plate. Even if I pay the meter, they still give me a $50 ticket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in L.A. (San Fernando Valley). Got a parking ticket for parking on a street cleaning time frame for $40, then he tacked on another $25 ticket for the missing front license plate. I guess $25 isn't too bad. Talk about a 2 for 1 deal. Gonna get the front plate installed on my next service.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i didnt use the stock plate holder.i put L brackets. ill do a write up on it. you still have to drill holes, but you cant see them.

heres a pic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RobsAltezza on 2002-02-25 11:57 ]</font>

·
Registered
436 Posts
Whats this you mentioned? They are on your case about a modified exhaust?? I thought if it passes inspection then you are all clear.
Whats with that a** law?

Absolute

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I got a ticket on sunday morning in the parking structure for no front plate while my car was parked and I was in the terminal. $52.00

·
Registered
360 Posts
RobsAltezza, your plate setup looks great. Please post a "howto" soon! One question though, aren't you afraid of blocking the airflow to your car? It seems like the plate is blocks off almost 50% of the front grill...

·
Registered
78 Posts
fok the cops. jk, i played ignorance with my front plate. I told the cop that i was waiting for the front plate bracket to arive from the dealer, while i had the front plate in the trunk.

no ticket there, but he still wrote me up for 75+ in a 50 zone, ouch

1 - 20 of 23 Posts