Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just talked to the dealer.. and no free car washes!! any tips on getting free car washes from Lexus dealer?

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Hey you're young....why not wash it yourself and take some damn pride in your ride?

I am an old dirty bastard yet I wipe mine down with a soft clean diaper....wax on wax off...do the wheels and the tires, interior etc I love the whole process....maybe I should start an IS 300 only detailing service?

·
Registered
260 Posts
i am bring my car for 1000 miles services this Saturday, hope they will get me a free car wash...
by the way, is it good if they use the machine wash the car? i think some one posted a msg saying that they didn't do a good job( regarding the wax quality or something), should i just wash it myself will that be better?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Ask them if they put any stock in your remarks on their surveys.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in an apartment so there is really no space and facility for me to wash my car. When I asked my dealer about free car wash, he said there is no such thing. But when I talked to the finance manager just before I signed all the papers, she told me yes I can bring my car in for free car wash. Just make sure you don't come at a busy time.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Take pride in your car for god sake men. Wash your own car! EEK I would never let some two bit bumb in the back of a dealership touch my car! Hell they stink and sit in it, yuk, did the wash their hands after taking that big dump and then touch your steering wheel.

No thanks, will wash it myself.

·
Registered
5,970 Posts
Lexus preimum service comes with car washes with buck naked girls lap dancing on the car in buddbles. they also dry the automobile after cleaning. They usually only hire hot play mates that are willing to do pretty much anyone or anything.. (watch howard stern)

Seriously, my family's rx300 goes to lexus for carwash every other weekend or so. There is one!!! ask for it, bitch about it. we have free car wash for as long as we own the car. that's princeton lexus (nj) if you need to know

·
Registered
258 Posts
Haha, I'm really enjoying this forum, you guys are a lot of fun.

I get a free wash and wax at every service. I also get a free loaner and free pickup and dropoff.

------------------
Stephen Withrow
[email protected]

98 Lexus LS400
97 Ford Explorer Limited

·
Registered
387 Posts
I only got free car wash when service. I was not dare to ask for free car wash weekly.... can I?

anyone have experience with Lexus of Santa Monica? do they do that? I can already imagine they say "well, we can't do that, otherwise everybody with a lexus will come and as for a free car wash everyday, and we can't afford that."

so what I am interested to know is, is that official and put down on paper that Lexus dealer are responsible to wash your car, or it's done by dealer's well and vary from dealer to dealer?

thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
The decision to offer complimentary car washes varies from dealer to dealer. Lexus requires that every dealer cleans the client's vehicle when in for service.

Most of the time the decision regarding complimentary car washes is based on capacity and not expense. With the growth of Lexus in the last three years many dealerships are not able to provide a decent car wash in a reasonable time frame.

If you have to wait a long time for a poor quality car wash then it isn't a service at all, right?

My advice is to contact your Lexus dealership and inquire about their policies. Going down to the dealership and "bitching" is not the most effective means of establishing an important relationship - I am sure you'll need their help at some point in your ownership experience.

I am sure that every dealership would help you out if they can. Most realize the value of a positive relationship.

-Derek

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
ISFAN you remind me of this Seinfeld episode where he sees the cook leave the men's room w/o washing his hands

Originally posted by ISFAN:
did the wash their hands after taking that big dump and then touch your steering wheel.

[This message has been edited by kota (edited October 14, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
yuk, did the wash their hands after taking that big dump and then touch your steering wheel.

No thanks, will wash it myself.
I picked up my car and there was pubic hair on my chrome shift knob! Now what do you suppose that gorilla was doing? I think he may have violated my shift knob. Oh no.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I am somewhat of a germaphobe. I just don't like other touching my steering wheel and who knows what else!

I love seinfeld. That episode was a classic. I can relate. Very picky about my food.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I always get a free wash but if you take a good look, they might not be doing as a great a job as it may seem. I always notice dirt on the trunk lid by the handle so it tells me that they are just spraying it down without really taking a sponge to it.
No biggie cause I'd much rather wash it myself. My wife thinks it's a bit much but I want to see how long I can keep this car in prime condition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts