Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy just needed to be put in his place. He kept flooring it at every street light. My clutch is slipping on my car and with that in mind I stayed away from racing him. Last thing I need is a guy with a stock IS300 telling his buddies that he beat an M3 5-speed.

At one of the lights, I said to myself "what the heck, lets do it!". I gave him a few revs and we were set.

Light = Green, M3 = Go, IS300 = Looking at M3 rear.

Guy needed to be shown his place.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Hello, welcome to the IS300 list. I don't troll there, so don't troll here, and we'll all get along... FYI, there's no way a stock IS can get anywhere near an M3, so your win is no surprise to any of us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This wasn't for trolling. Trolling would be defined as putting down a car or talking just plain trash.

I think my post was not putting down a car, the IS300 is a Toyota which is not trash (hence I own a Camry, very reliable car). Just posted a story. Is that so wrong? Some of you guys need to stop being so anal and quit worrying about the big ego bubble *some* of you have (IS300Lvr).

Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
Hello, welcome to the IS300 list. I don't troll there, so don't troll here, and we'll all get along... FYI, there's no way a stock IS can get anywhere near an M3, so your win is no surprise to any of us.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to generalize, but I haven't had a 'warm' welcome onto this board. You guys are really giving me the wrong impression of IS300 owners. I thought you guys were educated.

As for the 'Pathetic attempt' at getting traffic onto my website, if you would please direct your half ass attention to my forums and look through the guys who own other forums, you'll see that they post the website they come from and they are all welcome there without retarded comments like I just read here.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
The tension is rising! You did not need to post that here though, we are all IS300 lovers!
That is why we bought it and are on this site.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wait a second...you're the CL-S forum's butt buddy. I thought I recognized your style. It reeks of that board.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought this was the racing stories section too. I saw a few others and thought this was it. Every automotive website has one. If this is not it then I'm sorry I posted it here.

Hey does this mean that since its an IS300 website that an IS300 kill story can't be posted?
Originally posted by VVTIS:
The tension is rising! You did not need to post that here though, we are all IS300 lovers!
That is why we bought it and are on this site.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey... I beat a 2001 M3 in a late night freeway battle with my Porsche 996. Just thought i'd put the M3 driver in his place.

Originally posted by M3Sins:
This guy just needed to be put in his place. He kept flooring it at every street light. My clutch is slipping on my car and with that in mind I stayed away from racing him. Last thing I need is a guy with a stock IS300 telling his buddies that he beat an M3 5-speed.

At one of the lights, I said to myself "what the heck, lets do it!". I gave him a few revs and we were set.

·
Registered
28 Posts
guys ignore the m3 idiot ,,,take a peek at his forum under racing stories ...i have no idea why he comes here trying to act like the good guy ...his whole premise on his forum is to be a funny man aka a clown it's common knowledge that an m3 is faster ...go race a supra tt (thats a toyota too) hehe....it also is a coupe that should be a good match for ya ta ta

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thats a good kill then! I don't take any offense to that. If its a kill, its a kill. I don't have to worry about hurting my ego.
Originally posted by jdx911:
Hey... I beat a 2001 M3 in a late night freeway battle with my Porsche 996. Just thought i'd put the M3 driver in his place.

Originally posted by M3Sins:
[qb]This guy just needed to be put in his place. He kept flooring it at every street light. My clutch is slipping on my car and with that in mind I stayed away from racing him. Last thing I need is a guy with a stock IS300 telling his buddies that he beat an M3 5-speed.

[/QB]

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You're right. I checked out his posts on bmwexperience.com and it was immediately apparent I'm dealing with their version of our Mario1235 and Boyie.

I'll no longer waste my time.

[ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: SilverLex ]

·
Registered
354 Posts
We're "uneducated," "anal," and too concerned with "ego bubbles." Okay.
M3Sins was goaded into a street race by someone in an IS300. He "whooped" (sic) him good and then rushed right over to this forum to brag about it. Can anyone think of a name for that? I can.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sen-si-TIVE! Geez

Im sure the M3 guy was thinking that if we are all enthusiasts, we wouldnt take offense to a story about an experience he had with an IS. Every board will have someone come by and share a run-in, good or bad. Over at the VR4 board, we have Supra and vette guys come by all the time, and we dont bash them because they beat one of us.

Lighten up, y'all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I 'rushed' to this forum? This was approx. 1 month ago. I must have not 'rushed' as fast I would have hoped. Oh well, I've got a good generalization of most of you guys. Very touchy!

IS300 is the best car made, it can beat my M3, it can beat a ferrari, it can beat a Lamborgini. It can out handle any car out there.

There we go, I guess I am welcome on this board now?

Originally posted by Leader:
We're "uneducated," "anal," and too concerned with "ego bubbles." Okay.
M3Sins was goaded into a street race by someone in an IS300. He "whooped" (sic) him good and then rushed right over to this forum to brag about it. Can anyone think of a name for that? I can.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Yea, since you told the truth you are welcome now
!

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
You're missing the point cheif...
All are welcome in my book, but why even post anything like "not trying to flame, but I spanked an IS"? That's a poorly veiled swipe at the IS. I'll be the first to admit that I don't own a race car, and never will pretend like I do. I won't on other boards and post how I killed their car, it's just asking for trouble. And then what would I prove?
...see where I'm coming from? It's cool that you're here, but your introduction was less than stellar.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
if you're braggin about a kill like that, then i don't know what to tell you man. obviously the two cars are in different leagues. why not race something in your own league. not trying to flame you, but its like me going to a honda forum saying i smoked an accord with an nsx, its two totally different leagues here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.