Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandmother (on my mom's side) had a really bad case of cancer a few weeks back, and now she has pneumonia. She lives in Thomasville, GA, about 300 miles south of here. The doctor just called and said that she might not make it and that my mom should drive down. So, as I speak, she is packing and getting ready to go.

So now our Thanksgiving plans are kaput. I'm the only other person that can cook in this household, but I've never made a big turkey dinner before, especially for 5+ people. Maybe we can pick up something up at the Honey Baked Ham Store (which is probably swamped), but it wouldn't be the same.

I thought about going, but I just don't want to see my grandmother in the hospital. The last time I saw her, it was about 3 or 4 years ago.

However, it might be best for me to go because it is not good for someone to drive when he/she is in a very emotional mood. The last thing I'd want is for my mom to crash and perish as well.

Guys, please say a prayer for both of them.

Chris :cry:

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
Chris - I'm sorry about your grandma. Go. Put your mom's turkey in the freezer and go with her. I hope your grandma recovers and that you get to speak with her.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
don't worry about dinner.
Go with your mom, and be there for her now, and your grandma.

I lost an uncle to cancer, and then I lost my 15 month nephew to vaccinations, so my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

·
Registered
8,105 Posts
my grandma died a week before thanksgiving about 3 years ago, dude, go, I was supposed to call her a few days before she passed but "never got around to it" man, do I ever regret it, at least she got to see me and my wife (gf at the time) dance a few months before she passed. She said her life was complete after that :cry:

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Chris,

Do as everyone is saying and go! As painful as it is to see your grandma sick in the hospital...it may be your last chance to comfort her and let her know that you'll always love her. Thank her for everything shes done for you.

Thanksgiving isn't all about dinner plans...its about giving thanks for everything you take for granted.....and don't take your grandma for granted.

Best wishes to you and yours.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
LexArkana
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing