Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted the message below a day or so ago, basically it was about the fog mod, and how it would look a little cooler with no DRLs at all and just the fogs on. I knew you could do it by doing the DRL mod + the Fog mod, but anyway, I didn't want to mess with anything under the wheel well. But it kept staying on my mind because I like the way the Cadillac CTS looks with its fogs on. Anyway, I jump in my car this afternoon and I just happen to be driving behind this pickup truck and I can see in the reflection that my DRLs were off and only my fogs were on. I was thinking, Hmmmm I must have mind control over my IS, My car responds to what I am thinking. So I snapped a pic. I found out what happened later on, just read below the pic. You got to admit it is a big coincidence. But Id rather call it thedon mind control mod, if anybody wants to try it themselves.

Posted: Yesterday at 03:58 Post subject: Full Power DRL MOD ... New mod by Joe Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Joe, looks good.
Here's another question.
Ever since I did the fog mod Ive thought, It would be cool to do the no DRLs at all and just have the fogs. I know people have done this. Would be cool to have a switch to turn on and off the DRLs so we can do that cool Cadillac CTS look (Fogs on only).

Looks cool huh?

Basically one of my DRL lights was blew out. You can do the same thing by unplugging one of your DRLs and leaving the light in the socket for looks.
Interesting that the high beams will work with the one plugged in light, but the normal driving DRLs wont work, not even the one that is still plugged in. Anyway, I found my original stock DRL bulbs and put them back in. The sylvania cool blue ones blew out pretty fast I must say.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know if you just unplug the lights they wont work, but I thought it was interesting that if one blows out, they both dont work.
But now that I think about it, what I typed does sound stupid. Of course thats the easiest way to do it.
But just when I wanted it, it did it by itself.
Crazy.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
thedon said:
But i'd rather call it thedon mind control mod, if anybody wants to try it themselves. :lol: :lol:

Posted: Yesterday at 03:58 Post subject: Full Power DRL MOD ... New mod by Joe Z

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Joe, looks good.
Here's another question.
Ever since I did the fog mod Ive thought, It would be cool to do the no DRLs at all and just have the fogs. I know people have done this. Would be cool to have a switch to turn on and off the DRLs so we can do that cool Cadillac CTS look (Fogs on only).

Looks cool huh?
Basically one of my DRL lights was blew out. You can do the same thing by unplugging one of your DRLs and leaving the light in the socket for looks.
Interesting that the high beams will work with the one plugged in light, but the normal driving DRLs wont work, not even the one that is still plugged in. Anyway, I found my original stock DRL bulbs and put them back in. The sylvania cool blue ones blew out pretty fast I must say.
Don you are definetely too funny.....
I meant to get back to you on that..... I was thinking about the switch for the DRL's too.... That way they can be controlled on/off... Basically all i would have to do is run a switch into the car basically coming from that connection under the hood... or better yet if possible find the wire underneath dash if any a tap into that... But i think the first method of just running a switch off the unpluged wire connector would be easiest to do....

I had my DRL's off to for a while and they look good in the day from just a refection of sun light.... But they look great to me when they are running at normal power... But the switch may come soon for me, just gotta find the time...

Here is a Day and Night shot...

Talk to you soon..

BTW- I finally relocated the stock horns behind the TRD grill, same as your L-Tuned... So now i don't see them nasty things behind the Grill anynore... Well talk more on that soon..

Joe Z :chill:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
thedon said:
But Id rather call it thedon mind control mod, if anybody wants to try it themselves.
hehe, you are too cute!

Joe Z- you have some really informative posts, please try get your pictures sorted out (yahoo cannot be used to insert a picture link)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Sheliz300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing