Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think is wise that I have not put down a deposit on an IS. I figure I will try my luck with the dealers about a month or two after it has been released to the dealers. Am I smoking crack thinking I'll be able to get my hands on one of these babies this way? I just don't feel comfortable putting down a deposit on something I have not seen in person yet....

From this web site it looks like there high demand for this car. However this is an IS 300 enthusiast's web site. I'm banking on that the general public is not gonna go bonkers over this car. It's more of a niche thing?

How long do you think before this car would be easily available at our local Lexus dealerships?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I would suspect that this car will be
in high demand for a while.

It is a bit overpriced compared to some
"almost as good" cars that cost less,
but with the hot US economy there are alot
of people willing to spend this kind of
money for a car that seems like the right
mix of details for them.

If you are willing to hunt around you
might find a dealer in an area where
people just aren't into Lexus and
they have one unsold, but don't count
on in it in the major markets like NYC, Los Angeles,
San Francisco, Seattle, etc...

·
Registered
994 Posts
I think it's completely possible to get an IS300 without putting a deposit two or three months after it comes out. At the dealership closest to me, there were 34 people on the waiting list; they will be getting 20 IS'es a month.

btw, I went there today to take a look at the color samples they had. It looks like every color combination will be able to get a choice of either:

1. black cloth
2. black leather/ecsaine
3. ivory leather/ecsaine

.. except for the yellow, which does not have the ivory leather/ecsaine interior. another thing is that the ivory looks more like tan than ivory.

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited May 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
One thing that is odd about Yellow/Ivory
being the "taboo" color scheme -
the demo car that was reviewed in MotorWeek,
AutoWeek (etc) was that combination!

(notice the headrests...)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Chiem,

When you saw the color chart, did you see a combination of the Spectra Blue exterior with a black interior?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
chiem
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing