Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i hate jersey cops. i have a valentine one....had it for over a year...never anything. i was strolling down the parkway right near clifton at like 72 mph and i see the cop but my radar didnt go off. i slam on my breaks but he pulls me over saying i was doing 84...then knocks it down to 79. my record is clean and stuff but their is no wayyy this cop actually shot my car with his radar. idk. gimme some feedback i cant pay a 400 ticket. thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Theres different types of radar and now cops are are using laser speed finders. If you have a valentine one and its newer it should have gotten those. Your best bet is to find a lawyer that deals with traffic tickets and will do it for free. They take it to court for you and then get it knocked down to a parking ticket. No points no insurance price hike. The speedo on most cars has a tendancy to get less accurate as they increase. There was an article a year or so ago about speedo inaccuracy in car and driver. If I remeber correctly it was like 5-10 mph on average the higher you got on the speedo. Could try taking it to a shop have it tested go to court with the findings (if they favor you and that your speedo is inaccurate) and see if the judge will knock it down.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
did you ask to see the radar? you have that right for them to show it to you. also shows you arent stupid, and know your rights, and they usually respect you a little more

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i dont know about tickets,radars,lawyers,etc., but ... "fuck nj police" i second that right there

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
stage2 said:
i dont know about tickets,radars,lawyers,etc., but ... "fuck nj police" i second that right there
You think Jersey troopers are bad, try dealing with NYS troopers. Those guys hop out the cruiser with the dildo still lodged up their asses.

·
Registered
233 Posts
bro if its ur first affence ask the prosicutor in the court room to knock it to a no points violation so ur insurance dont go up but ur gonna have to pay a lilmore than 400 for that . but its better in the long run no points and ur insurance dont go up. borrow th emoney if u have to trust me. been there done that not cool.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys i appreciate it....400...wowwww. ill c what i can do.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
nj state police do suck, they're all over the place! soo many un-marked cars, and they aren't even crown vic's anymore! i've seen undercover envoys and impalas, and im sure there are probably others. i'd hate to rely on a radar detector thing, gotta keep your eyes open. anyways, i've always heard from my dad never to hit your brakes when you see cops, i don't know why, but i think it seems to work as i haven't been pulled over yet *knock on wood*

·
Registered
238 Posts
ok, heres the deal. i got a ticket for 84 in a 55. cop didnt reduce it at all. If this is ur first speeding ticket they will prolly just reduce it to unsafe driving which is liek 133(mine was from a previous ticket) but if you go t court they will reduce it. If u had any other violations on ur record the ull prolly get at 1 to 2 point ticket. the guy reduced my ticket to 69 in a 55 so now have 2 points and a 159$ fine. sucks i know trust me im 18 and ive gotten so many tickets its not even funny for gay ass cops.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Altezza101 said:
ok, heres the deal. i got a ticket for 84 in a 55. cop didnt reduce it at all. If this is ur first speeding ticket they will prolly just reduce it to unsafe driving which is liek 133(mine was from a previous ticket) but if you go t court they will reduce it. If u had any other violations on ur record the ull prolly get at 1 to 2 point ticket. the guy reduced my ticket to 69 in a 55 so now have 2 points and a 159$ fine. sucks i know trust me im 18 and ive gotten so many tickets its not even funny for gay ass cops.

thanks good news at least. im goin to fight it ill let you all know what happens. in the meantime im gonna be slowinn down. lol undercover i impalas and envoys. wow. crazyyyy.

·
Registered
238 Posts
damn it was an undercover cop? that freakin blows. all i can say is go to court, if u go they will reduce. they always do.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Just because you have your radar on.....never fall into a sense of security with it. You still have to keep an eye out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts