Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another Dunlop Round Up makes its way up to New Jersey for September 3rd 2005: 1-4pm

Stop by for some lunch! We have a bunch of BBQ and drinks, all free courtesy of a thing we call budget! ;)
DJ entertainment provided by RIX entertainment and of course their ladies will be out on the prowl again!!!
Photos and shoots courtesy of RIX Magazine!!! + Media coverage for you sponsor collectors!
Prize giveaways and Dunlop tire raffles are all free and open to the general public.

I believe there has been some confusion in the past regarding our Round Up's. We've worked this round up to be a totally FREE event to the public. There is NO registration fee, no hidden fee, when you show up everything should be FREE!!! from the foods, to the raffles, to the parking.

Again there are no fee's so bring your family and friends to enjoy in the festivities. PLEASE prep your car to look good for the media!

***Ladies, dress to impress but please keep it decent as this should be an eventful round up w/ family presence. Nice enough for the families but sexy enough for the cameras!

Date: Sept 3rd 2005
Time: 1-4pm
6700 Blackhorse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

***mods like I said this is a free event: now I've got Dunlop to fund this whole tour to give back to the car guys so I can't help that the flyers have Dunlop signage on it, i can't possibly Pay to sponsor a website for throwing a free event. But I'd like for as many people to take advantage of this as possible so please keep it up.

I am not advertising for Dunlop as I do NOT WORK FOR THEM! so please keep my thread up as I will be flying to all the Round Ups and do sincerely want .NETTERS to represent!!!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
ill be there, i can check and see the progress on the new house being built in egg harbor as well.

directions would help to the place off GSP south

·
Registered
973 Posts
count me in... ill follow with you mike

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
i think i will be showing up to this event.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
UpTownIS300er said:
Yet another Dunlop Round Up makes its way up to New Jersey for September 3rd 2005: 1-4pm

Stop by for some lunch! We have a bunch of BBQ and drinks, all free courtesy of a thing we call budget! ;)
DJ entertainment provided by RIX entertainment and of course their ladies will be out on the prowl again!!!
Photos and shoots courtesy of RIX Magazine!!! + Media coverage for you sponsor collectors!
Prize giveaways and Dunlop tire raffles are all free and open to the general public.

I believe there has been some confusion in the past regarding our Round Up's. We've worked this round up to be a totally FREE event to the public. There is NO registration fee, no hidden fee, when you show up everything should be FREE!!! from the foods, to the raffles, to the parking.

Again there are no fee's so bring your family and friends to enjoy in the festivities. PLEASE prep your car to look good for the media!

***Ladies, dress to impress but please keep it decent as this should be an eventful round up w/ family presence. Nice enough for the families but sexy enough for the cameras!

Date: Sept 3rd 2005
Time: 1-4pm
6700 Blackhorse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ

***mods like I said this is a free event: now I've got Dunlop to fund this whole tour to give back to the car guys so I can't help that the flyers have Dunlop signage on it, i can't possibly Pay to sponsor a website for throwing a free event. But I'd like for as many people to take advantage of this as possible so please keep it up.

I am not advertising for Dunlop as I do NOT WORK FOR THEM! so please keep my thread up as I will be flying to all the Round Ups and do sincerely want .NETTERS to represent!!!

why r u posting this arn't you in Californis? just curious....ill be there as well since it's free :)

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well hey guys I'm hoping you guys would make a turnout like the G35' guys did at the Maryland meet. They rolled in pretty deep w/ approx 8-10 vehicles, i just wish it were all boosted IS's.

pictures of the G35's at the Round Up.
http://public.fotki.com/nationalgclub/just_tires_round_up/

btw.... no NCCA jokes! I have a tough time dealing w/ their complaints already!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ he gets paid and works for HIN.....

the IS300 turbo's didnt show up in MD because this event usually sucks ass from what i've heard and they were too good for it ;)... :lol:

HIN sucks too, way too many ricers...however, a few NJ guys will be attending to try and liven it up with some classy well done IS300's

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lexluger180 said:
why r u posting this arn't you in Californis? just curious....ill be there as well since it's free :)
I usually fly to each of these round up's to make sure they are run right.... I actually work for a different company that has worked this deal from Dunlop to throw it as a free event.

We higher the Dj's, and contact the various teams from the areas to show up, i make sure that food is taken care of, and I make sure its entertaining. However for this particular one, I have other business to attend to and will not be able to fly out to NJ for this one. But my counterpart here will be flying out there to facilitate the Round Up and stay for Atlantic City the following week which is why I have to stay here to man the fort.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
mikefate said:
ill be there, i can check and see the progress on the new house being built in egg harbor as well.

directions would help to the place off GSP south
Mike, if you are gonna be down egg harbor, let me know.. cuz I might be at my parents house that weekend too.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
tsopranoMB said:
^^ he gets paid and works for HIN.....

the IS300 turbo's didnt show up in MD because this event usually sucks ass from what i've heard and they were too good for it ;)... :lol:

HIN sucks too, way too many ricers...however, a few NJ guys will be attending to try and liven it up with some classy well done IS300's
lets make something clear first before ppl question my intentions....

I do work at Vision, we throw Hot Import Nights. We've pitched this idea to Dunlop to throw the Round Up's across the country and we had them do it for free. I do not work for Dunlop or get paid thru them. But I am proud about the fact that we are able to give back to the community by throwing a free meet w/ food, DJ's, prizes, and tires.... I've gone to many .NET/ClubLexus meets and I dont pull this HIN stuff so I dont want you guys to think I use my forum participation here for publicity. If anything I control the Automotive sector here so I'd be able to help if anything, but because of my involvement I'd just rather not make it known and then have mods question my postings everytime i have an opinion and say its because I work at Vision. If anything I keep my words tame when it comes to the show car scene, I try not to comment as much as possible as I dont want it to conflict.

I love Lexus and its vehicles, I work on my cars not for crowd pleasing abilities, for recognition, for marketing.... I feel I am apart of the very pure enthusiast. I dont even show my cars and I have NEVER EVER shown my cars at shows, not even ours. Why? because I am contempt with just working it with my own two hands to my own abilities.

obviously Dunlop wants to get their branding out there, thats obvious. but I just wanted to make my intentions clear that before you throw in the, Oh he gets paid etc etc.... I'd get paid regardless if I flew out there or not. I do usually fly out there b/c it doesn't come out of our budget so its a free trip for myself.

btw why are you hating?

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
why am I hating? because i'm entitled to my opinions, HIN is a ricers haven....and the judging is horseshit....

UnVme should have won or at least placed in Lexus at last years in AC and didnt....so fuck HIN and vision...thats why I hate on.....its not ur fault, i'm not blaming you personally though....

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats fine if you dont enjoy our Hot Import Nights show, all I can say is that I dont control the judging process nor does our office. This is exactly why we contract NCCA so that our show is not affiliated w/ the judging process. But if that is your opinion then I respect that and I just hope you have fun at the rest of other events. We here understand that we are the show to be at and its not easy to win at our shows. It takes a lot of work to win at our shows which is why we are viewed as the best show in the business.

But in retrospect UnVme definitely has an awesome vehicle, so do many other members here but at the end of the day our show is about innovation and creativity. I'll admit, its definitely hard to win at our shows, just because UnVme didn't win doesn't mean he wasn't recognized as a top contender but think about it, you are going against all the top cars in the area. If I was judging It'd be a bunch of Lexus and Porshe's winning, but its a good thing I'm not a judge.

here lets just sum it up like this..... please follow the NCCA guideline and see how their judging criteria works. They follow very strict guidelines when it comes to judging so that personal involvement does not play a roll so please and I say this from the bottom of my heart, look at the ones that are winning and check out the guidelines to see why they win. Better yet, you should volunteer to participate in the judging process. I can set that up so that you are a judge as long as you are not affiliated with a team.

I've seen people go at it almost to physically fighting arguing over who should win at that show. Again I dont want to question anybodies intentions but I do understand the behind the scenes knit and gritty. The judging process may not be perfect but its certainly not easy. At the same time I understand that not all these judges are very well educated on Lexus modifications and the work it entails to get them to where they are at.

PM me if you'd like to volunteer to be a judge in AC. I'd like for you to get in on the panel to really come in with an open mind with all these vehicles and grade them all equally without giving love to lexus members. It hurts me when I hear people talk like this because I honestly feel that I try to do everything the best I can for the car competitors. I try to work out the best prices, I work my ass off to get big companies to fork over free money and equipment for the competitors, I do alot! I use my avenues to try and market the roots of our industry which is each and every car guy from the little civics to the Ferrari boys.

take it as you may but this is why I never wanted to let ppl know I worked here.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
^^ I totally respect u taking the time to write that out...

the judging system is corrupt...as Mr. Mark could fill us on more about how that actually has worked over the past cpl years.....and basically, we all know who is going to win before the show even starts....what is really sad and pathetic...

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
^^ I totally respect u taking the time to write that out...

the judging system is corrupt...as Mr. Mark could fill us on more about how that actually has worked over the past cpl years.....and basically, we all know who is going to win before the show even starts....what is really sad and pathetic...

I could, but I won't...... Let's not forget, NCCA is contracted by Vision to judge their shows. Obviously if NCCA was affiliated with Vision, that would be a conflict of interest. You may hate how NCCA judges (and I won't comment), but you got to admit, Vision puts on a good show. That's why they've lasted so long. I applaud you guys for bringing this free event to NJ...I will definitely try to stop by.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MrMark said:
I could, but I won't...... Let's not forget, NCCA is contracted by Vision to judge their shows. Obviously if NCCA was affiliated with Vision, that would be a conflict of interest. You may hate how NCCA judges (and I won't comment), but you got to admit, Vision puts on a good show. That's why they've lasted so long. I applaud you guys for bringing this free event to NJ...I will definitely try to stop by.
of all people I've respected you very much! I hear you about this NCCA thing which is something that even before we spoke about this I was planning on contacting you about something related to this!

I was specifically thinking of contacting the likes of you and a few other people I know in regards to this process but until I am confident I can set it off here at the office I can't make definite plans.

you got pm. I swear to you I've been planning on contacting you and a few other members and other forum members also. The timing is just off but you'll get a brief synopsis in my PM.

either way, I apologize but I wont be able to make it out to New Jersey, I'd love to chit chat w/ you fellows some more but I've got to stay here and handle the fort.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
if a couple of guys are down to go,then i will be there

1 - 20 of 52 Posts